jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub "All About the #WTFU Campaign"

1. Molly Layton profile image88
    Molly Laytonposted 7 months ago

I would like feedback on my Hub:
    All About the Where's The Fair Use (#WTFU) Campaign

I'm confused about why this Hub is getting fewer search hits than it seems it should. It has a Hubscore of 80 and is on a current topic.

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
      calculus-geometryposted 7 months ago in reply to this

How many search engine hits per day do you think it should be getting?  Things that affect your search engine traffic are length, words used in the text, images, media, amount of competition, trendiness, level of interest in the topic, age of the page, and ranking of the website it's posted on. Some of these factors you can control and others you can't

One thing that does not affect your traffic is Hubscore.  That is an internal rating that nobody can see but you.  Google and other search engines can't see it either. 

If you think it deserves more reads, try promoting it on social media to get the ball rolling.  I think the hub is fine and I'm sure many people will find it a good read.  Best of luck to you.

2. Kylyssa profile image94
      Kylyssaposted 7 months ago in reply to this

I'd move the disclaimer so it's below the introduction, but before the main body of the text. You want the first thing the search engine and readers see to be topic-related content rather than disclaimer-related content.

I'd suggest you include a capsule on the definition of fair use plus a few examples so people better understand what you are talking about. A little more explanation about what, exactly, is happening on YouTube regarding fair use, with some examples, would also make the hub more useful.

2. EricDockett profile image95
    EricDockettposted 7 months ago

Why are you assuming it is getting less traffic than it should? What are you basing this on?

Just a quick Google search shows a whole bunch of pages with your keywords in their titles, some of them dating back several months. You have a lot of competition. Your Hub is showing up at the bottom of page 3 for me. That's not bad for a 2-day-old Hub on a current-event topic with a lot of competition.

In time your Hub may rise in the SERPs if it is better than the other articles, but right now it is outranked by older, more established pages.

This is also why its a good idea to write on evergreen topics. It's kind of hard to jump on a current events topic and have quick success here on HP.