jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Niche Sites and Google Analytics

1. EricDockett profile image94
    EricDockettposted 7 months ago

I no longer see my Hubs that were moved to PetHelpful appearing in my GA stats. When I look at my pages on the new site I do see a tracking ID, but its not one of mine. It seems to be the same for each page, regardless of author.

Is this an oversight, or do we now lose the ability to asses our Hubs with Google Analytics once they move to a niche site?

1. Vic Dillinger profile image60
      Vic Dillingerposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Eric: woiuldn't it be best to remove the old URL from your stats list and use the new URL  That's what I do when I move/have things moved from site to site.

2. agilitymach profile image99
    agilitymachposted 7 months ago

Yes.  My PetHelpful hubs no longer appear under my hubpages GA acct. either.  Ah well....  I do like seeing where my readers are from geographically speaking as it helps me market, but it's not a huge deal.  I am really happy with how my PetHelpful Hubs are doing, so I'm good. smile

3. lobobrandon profile image81
    lobobrandonposted 7 months ago

Eric I presume (haven't checked) that there are going to be 2 analytics tracking ID's on every hub - one HP and one the authors. Seems like they just forgot to add the author one on the niche sites.