jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does google indexing affect our hubs' page views?

1. girly_girl09 profile image80
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

I have done a search and could not find the answer on here. Can anyone inform me if google as well as other search engines count towards page views on my hubs when they are performing indexing?

thanks in advance!

2. lindagoffigan profile image60
    lindagoffiganposted 7 years ago

As far as I know and to the best of my ability, Google has nothing to do with the page views except to record in on the Analytical excel page.  The page views are a daily morale booster but as far as the earnings go, Google is more interested in the page viewers click on a Google Ad for monetization.

3. girly_girl09 profile image80

thanks's for your reply!

I hope that you are right and that google's web crawlers do not count towards the views that we see when we look under "my account" on here.

4. Everyday Miracles profile image93
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

I am pretty sure that the bots don't count as visits. When I use AWStats on my website I am able to track the mask of persons visiting the site and Google's mask or the usual IPs I see on the forum don't show up in the stats smile

5. girly_girl09 profile image80

thank you, thank you! good to hear. Each time I view a hub, I count as a visit, right? The only reason why I'm thinking this is that I see 2 views on one of my unpublished hubs; obviously no one else can be viewing it. I sort of wish our views didn't count.