jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Shared a hub from mobile device!

1. janshares profile image89
    jansharesposted 10 months ago

Hey, I don't know if I missed the memo but thanks, HP, for adding the floating share buttons to mobile view. I just read an awesome hub on my Fire and thought "I gotta share this." And there they were --- the share buttons! Good going, HP. Actually, I think it also might be because I put my device in desk top mode. Either way, I'd never been able to share from my old Kindle tablet before. Anyone else sharing from tablets and smartphones?

1. Faith Reaper profile image85
      Faith Reaperposted 10 months ago in reply to this

That's awesome, Jan! I've been asking and wondering why I couldn't share a hub via my phone but never got an answer. I would read and comment on a hub via my phone but then had to wait until I could get on my laptop to share. I may have to set my phone as you did. I will try to see if I can share from my phone! I just got a tablet and have been sharing away on it and didn't know one couldn't before.

jansharesposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Hi Theresa, I'm realizing I'm a little behind. My smartphone does share but it's a feature of the phone, not HP. So we've been able to all along, without the share buttons.

Was thinking that and I know I have that option but can't figure how to set it on my phone. So, I am way behind on it too. I thought it was an HP thing but that wouldn't make sense LOL.

2. Faith Reaper profile image85

How do you put your phone in desktop or whatever?

I have a BlackBerry so it may not be quite the same. There should be a feature in a corner with several options like you would find on a tool bar. The "share" option should be found there.

I found it and it worked! Thank you!

3. wordscribe43 profile image93
      wordscribe43posted 10 months ago in reply to this

The share icons are only there because you are viewing in desktop mode.  You won't see them in mobile mode- so nothing has changed as far as I can see.

I see the share icons in the answers section while in mobile view.  But no share icons for hubs as far as I can see

And I could be missing something here- I need stronger glasses wink

I thought the same, too, wordscribe. I don't believe it worked on my old Kindle Fire so it maybe due to the upgrade on my Fire. Either way, I'm happy to see it.

2. Rodeon profile image62
    Rodeonposted 10 months ago

Congrats! smile

3. Jodah profile image85
    Jodahposted 10 months ago

Jan, I only noticed this feature had been added about a week ago. I have never had share buttons on my iPad or phone before...but "voila" they are now there on the left top. Great new addition HubPages.

4. janshares profile image89
    jansharesposted 10 months ago

Yeay! You're welcome.

5. GiftsByDiana profile image49
    GiftsByDianaposted 10 months ago

That's great !
    Thanks for letting us know.

working