jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: The Benefits of Aloe Vera

1. Anita Hasch profile image79
    Anita Haschposted 10 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub The Benefits of Aloe Vera. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 10 months ago in reply to this

I see a few issues:

1. Pixelated images. Can you add your own photos?
      2. Many other similar articles on the web - make sure you use your own words.
      3. Unqualified medical advice.
      4. You don't mention any possible adverse reactions.
      5. Intro needs work - everything you write should support the title.
      6. Big blank spaces.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

Anita Haschposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for taking the trouble to read my hub and the advice. Will check my hub again

2. Anita Hasch profile image79
        Anita Haschposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Plse someone. How can I remove the blank white spaces in my Aloe Vera hub

1. SheilaMilne profile image89
          SheilaMilneposted 10 months ago in reply to this

You need to go into each text capsule and delete the spaces at the end of the text.  You probably pressed Enter a few times by mistake while you were writing it. Remove them and the white space will go.

Anita Haschposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Thank you

2. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Honestly the hub does not feel reliable to me as a reader.  Aloe reducing heart disease, causing weight loss etc?  Hmmm. Sounds like the kind of claim that it is illegal to make in the US.

Also the "Aloe" mentioned in the Bible is not Aloe vera, it is one or more types of tall woody tree called the aloe tree of the species Genus Excoecaria.

Anita Haschposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Hi, I have planted approximately 100 aloe vera plants. I use the pure aloe vera gel a few times a week, every week. I also use the dried crystals daily. What I love about aloe vera is that if you take the gel in juice within half an hour you can feel the glow on your skin. Your skin also feels soft to the touch. However take a handful of vitamins. What do you feel. Nothing. As far as weight loss. It is true. Taken daily you will loss weight. I can testify to that. Research has been done that indicates that aloe can help to prevent heart disease. Did you know that scurvy used to be the most terrible disease. Sailors died by the thousands. To prevent or cure scurvy all they had to do was take lemons on board. The navy knew this but obviously did not believe it as they only implemented it nearly 200 yrs after it was discovered as a cure for scurvy. (vitamin C).
        My hub states that it is for information purposes only and that it is to be used at your own discretion. Research as well as thousands of years of use show what a miracle plant aloe vera is. The aloe is mentioned at least four places in the bible. I will come back to you about the aloe in the bible.

2. naturalbeautyblog profile image76
    naturalbeautyblogposted 9 months ago

The hub is good and informative! The 2 things to improve on for me is that the layout could be a bit more in an order, and definitely the quality of the pictures! Other than that i think the content is good!

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 9 months ago

Making therapeutic claims based on your subjective testimony is not permitted via FDA. I am not questioning your experience or sincerity, but your compliance with law and other authorative sources (e.g. Of what words in the bible mean).

working