jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: MarketingWriterForHire

1. Urizen profile image60
    Urizenposted 10 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my hub, please. What can I do to improve?

Please note: It's purpose is to serve as a work portfolio, as I am seeking employment. The advertisements (emails, websites, print ads, etc.) shown are my copywriting work, and are not intended as solicitations themselves.

Thanks for your advice!

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Can't see it unless you post the link that QAP sent you.

Urizenposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Hello, theraggededge!

Hubpages provided the link and actually warned me about that very link, so I removed it fro fear of being banned. However, here is that link:

http://hubpages.com/business/MarketingWriterForHire

Thank you for looking!

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 10 months ago

The subject line is misleading. The content is basically your CV/resume . I struggle to see that as appropriate content site material.

1. Stacie L profile image86
      Stacie Lposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Yes, it is over promotional

3. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 months ago

Since it's essentially your resume and work samples, this post would be more suitable for a job site like Monster.com. I doubt it will be approved here.

4. calculus-geometry profile image86
    calculus-geometryposted 10 months ago

You need to create a proper website for your copywriting business. Buy a domain name, upload a simple template so clients can easily find your contact info, rates, and links to writing samples. Clients will not give you serious consideration if they see your portfolio and resume on a content farm. (And this type of "article" is against Hubpages' TOS anyway.) A few samples of stand-alone articles posted on HubPages is ok. Best of luck with your business.

5. Marisa Wright profile image95
    Marisa Wrightposted 10 months ago

You are not allowed to write a Hub that promotes yourself or your business, it is against HubPages rules.

6. Urizen profile image60
    Urizenposted 10 months ago

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. I'm been recently off and needed a place to show off my work to potential new employers. I'll keep looking for a place.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Start a free website at Worpress.com

2. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 10 months ago in reply to this

There are also a range of job-seeking sites where you can post a CV.  As an employer I do not think I would be at all impressed by a link to a CV posted on a revenue-sharing content site.

Urizenposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the added advice, psychskinner.

working