jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Help with adsense and affiliate programs

1. Nowreen P profile image80
    Nowreen Pposted 10 months ago

I am a newbie blogger. Can you tell me when it's best to apply for google Adsense or amazon affiliates programs?

1. Jodah profile image84
      Jodahposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Hi Norween, I think you can apply for Amazon at anytime, but It was recommended to me that you should have at least 10 hubs published before applying for AdSense. I suggest you read "The Learning Centre" for more detailed information. Cheers.

1. Nowreen P profile image80
        Nowreen Pposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Hi Jodah, Thanks for your suggestion. I am not planning on applying very soon but just wanted to know if there were any rules about it. Did you apply for Adsense after you had published 10 posts?

1. Jodah profile image84
          Jodahposted 10 months ago in reply to this

No, I have been at HubPages for six years. I was writing here for three years before I even applied for AdSense so had about 30 or so hubs I think at the time.

2. alikhan3 profile image90
      alikhan3posted 10 months ago in reply to this

For google adsense you must have a steady stream of views per day, both for your blog and for hubpages account as well. Otherwise you will have approval issues with adsense.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image83
        Jesse Drzalposted 10 months ago in reply to this

I do not think views are taken into account. It's was said to wait a month or so, and have 10-15 850-1500 word hubs before applying. I did that and was approved quickly, like within a few minutes. Other rules of thumb were to wait until you had 20 hubs, but It does not appear you need that amount. Someone was on the forums the other day with 3 hubs asking how to add their code. So who knows. Perhaps they had Adsence already.

1. Rodeon profile image62
          Rodeonposted 10 months ago in reply to this

In India, they (Google) requires the applicant has an account that has been active on the internet for the last 6 months. That's too much time to wait. So Adsense is pretty rash in certain sense. Who knows what other local rules that have enacted in Brazil and elsewhere. smile

1. Rodeon profile image62
            Rodeonposted 10 months ago in reply to this
  2. Nowreen P profile image80
    Nowreen Pposted 10 months ago

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I think I will wait until I have 10-20 quality hubs published. Cheers!

working