jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Interesting snipping issue

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 15 months ago

This is the first time one of my articles got snipped and, frankly, the upgrades were minimal.  However, the snipper missed a very obvious mistake at the beginning of the second paragraph which should have been corrected...I typed the word "the" twice.   While I appreciate the upgrade, I think it should have been complete.  I caught the error this time, but was surprised to see that whoever snipped did not.

My point here is to double check any of your snipped work as an extra way to make sure it is correct.

1. jackclee lm profile image70
      jackclee lmposted 15 months ago in reply to this

I hope you realize that the editing is not done by a real person. It is an automated AI program that looks for miss spelled words and syntax and grammar etc... it is not infallible.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 15 months ago in reply to this

I wasn't sure about that.  Now I see why this error was missed. Glad I caught it!

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
        Christy Kirwanposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Hi Jackclee,

You are thinking of EditBot. Snipping is done by HubPages Moderators and is never automated.

jackclee lmposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the correction. Now I know the difference. Do you know what happened to the stats tab, after a hub is snipped and moved to a niche site?
          I missed that stat details.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 13 months ago in reply to this

The stats page stays the same, and includes views from the niche article sites.  In the upper left hand corner you can choose to see the niche stats for the site where your hub has been set up, look only at current hubs or view both.

jackclee lmposted 13 months ago in reply to this

I was referring to the individual stats of each hub. When you click on a hub in the stats dashboard, you have additional option to view the stats on what countries, and referrals...
              Once a hub is moved to a niche, those options disappeared.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Hi TIMETRAVELER2,

Snipping only applies to the removal of products and links and correcting typos that appear in the Hub's title, as Marisa mentions. Snipping does not fix or change content within the body of your Hub in any other way besides removing products or links.

The Moderator who Snipped your Hub may have noticed your typo but didn't think the Hub had enough issues overall to warrant a Light Edit rather than a Snip Edit.

Thanks for this explanation, Christy.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 months ago

Do you mean snipping or editing? Snipping applies to links and product capsules only, it doesn't check for errors.

The email said "snipped"...When I compared my copy to the edited one I did see a few minor differences, but all of my links were still intact.  Can't remember if I had ads on it or not, but probably didn't.

They sent a link to show me where I could see the changes, but it didn't work!

3. makingamark profile image69
    makingamarkposted 15 months ago

It seems to me that HubPages has a serious problem with the correct use of vocabulary!

working