jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

How to submit hubs to google index?

1. GrimRascal profile image60
    GrimRascalposted 15 months ago

I was able to do this in the past with my subdomain through the Google Webmasters but that has changed now. Hubpages subdomains no longer exists and I tried using my "fetch" with my webmasters to no avail. I don't think it works anymore. So, how to submit hubs to the index now?

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 15 months ago

As far as I know, we can't. The good news is Google finds it on its own pretty fast, though that may not be what you want if looking to get transferred to a niche site.

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
      paradigmsearchposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Now that I think about, submit the URL anyways and see what happens. Again, G has probably discovered it anyways. smile

3. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 15 months ago

We no longer have subdomains so we no longer have access to features in Webmaster Tools for our Hubs.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image87
      Jesse Drzalposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Would you say now that SEO use on Hp articles is now much different..even dead?

1. NateB11 profile image93
        NateB11posted 15 months ago in reply to this

No, because you can still research keywords/keyphrases to use in titles. Although the tools available in Webmaster Tools definitely helps getting content indexed quicker and into a decent position in Google results pages. One thing good about Hubpages though is that things get indexed fairly quickly by Google and put into a good position in the results pages. This of course depends on all those SEO factors like keywords, competition, search volume and the content itself.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image87
          Jesse Drzalposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for all your great insights, Nate. It gets really confusing. Someone says one thing, then someone jumps in and says another..just to have it seem to change in a week.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 15 months ago in reply to this

It depends on what you mean by SEO.  If you mean tricks, then yes they were dead long ago, everywhere on the internet.  If you mean optimizing your Hubs to make sure they are easily found by the search engines - then no, that is just as important as ever.

4. GrimRascal profile image60
    GrimRascalposted 15 months ago

Thank you for all the replies and insights.

working