jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Notification of comments

1. Marian Designs profile image80
    Marian Designsposted 10 months ago

It would be great if  we received notification of new comments. I was reviewing my hubs today and found comments that I didn't know were there. This notification could be on the account page or, better yet, by email.

1. Stacie L profile image86
      Stacie Lposted 9 months ago in reply to this

I usually receive notification after I've responded to my readers comments! lol

2. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 10 months ago

That can happen. Click on your profile, edit then notifications. Or go straight here:

https://hubpages.com/my/profile/notifications

You automatically follow all the hubs you write, so say yes to getting comments on "hubs I am following."

1. ILoveLegosToo profile image63
      ILoveLegosTooposted 10 months ago in reply to this

What is the difference between Auto and Always for receiving notification for comments?

3. Marian Designs profile image80
    Marian Designsposted 10 months ago

Thanks for you reply, Millionaire Tips.

I thought that "Hubs I am following" meant hubs that I left a comment on or hubs of writers I'm a fan of. I suggest that it would be clearer if that line said "You receive comments on your hubs." Then there wouldn't be any confusion about what is meant.

What are the various digests like? I get so much email as it is that I feel overwhelmed, so I don't want to opt for digests until I know if they would be valuable to me. I'm very active in the forum where I have my shops and don't think that I can find the time to be active in this one, too, although I have enjoyed the forum discussions I have participated in. I have health issues so don't have the strength and mental clarity to do as much as I would like.

I would also like to know what is meant by automatic.

4. EZ Swim Fitness profile image87
    EZ Swim Fitnessposted 10 months ago

I agree - I have been remiss in my interactions and knowing a comment was made would cause me to jump in and read and comment. My personal code of ethics mandates for every comment, I try to read a hub and comment - I feel it is teamwork to not just respond but to also become familiar with the other hubbers hard work.

5. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 9 months ago

Here is the Learning Center entry that explains the different types of notifications that are available to you.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Notification

You can see all of the comments on your hub from your account. Then click on comments.

Or go directly to this page:

http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/comments

6. vinderluvu profile image60
    vinderluvuposted 9 months ago

millionaire tips give very informative and helpful infromation. .
    thanks for helping others as well as mine....

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
      Millionaire Tipsposted 9 months ago in reply to this

You're quite welcome.

working