jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

URL to my newborn lambs hub won't take the number 2016 at the end

1. Titia profile image87
    Titiaposted 6 months ago

I just published a new hub about the newborn lambs and I noticed that the url only shows 'Lambing Season' and not 'Lambing Season 2016'.  I didn't change that. All my Lambing Season hubs have a year at the end of their url, so why not this one???

I just started a new hub to find out and indeed, if I enter the Title 'Lambing Season 2016, or 2017 the numbers disappear in the url and all that's left is lambing-season.

So what's the point in not showing the year in the url I wonder.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image91
      Jayne Lancerposted 6 months ago in reply to this

This is very strange, especially because your previous "lambing season" hubs (2011 - 2015) do have the year in their URLs. I think I'd drop the team an email if I were you. Or perhaps you could use Roman numerals for the URL.

I love the 2016 hub, by the way. How's my Lance doing?

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Hi Titia,

While you can use a Hub title that is already in use on HubPages, you can not use a URL that has already been taken. If you are not able to input the year at the end, it sounds like someone may have already claimed this URL to write his/her own Hub.

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 6 months ago

It's best NOT to put the year in the URL. In 2017, it won't be relevant. It's best to write evergreen content that will be as relevant in five years as it is today.

1. Titia profile image87
      Titiaposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Well, this was a series of my yearly newborn lambs, which I started 5 years ago. Of course they're year bound. I will take them all down and put them elsewhere.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image87
        Rochelle Frankposted 6 months ago in reply to this

The url is not as important as we think-- especially if you can change the actual title. Can you add the 2016 to the title?