Hit 400,000 views yesterday

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (33 posts)
  1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 years ago

Actually, I have 549,000 if you count the views from all of the articles I deleted over the past few years.  Some of you may remember that I took a terrible hit from Google the Summer of 2014, so these numbers show just how hard I've worked to recoup.  These are only from my Timetraveler2 site.  The other site is too new for including numbers.

1. Venkatachari M profile image88
      Venkatachari Mposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That's wonderful! A great achievement indeed. Congrats for this success.

2. MsDora profile image94
      MsDoraposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations and best to you going forward!

3. hclpd profile image92
      hclpdposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I am just 20,000 shy of hitting that mark. I never ever imagined I'd get so many views within an year.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

You're getting them because you are writing about very popular entertainment venues, which younger people just love to read about.

I would be careful, though, about the photos.  I don't believe you have permission to use many of them, which makes them illegal.  If you get caught, it's going to cost you a great deal of money.  Movie studios pay a lot of money to artists to develop posters, DVD covers, etc. and will not take kindly to people simply using them for their own purposes without permission.

1. hclpd profile image92

What should I do, then? I never really gave it any thought. Photos and videos play a huge role in getting hubs ranked well on Search Engines (I think). Are there any good alternatives?

Of course there are.  Many of us use them, but you have to be creative and be willing to spend some time on them.

First, I would contact the creator of the work and ask his permission to use it.  If he says no or wants payment, you will need to find another way.

Sometimes Wikimedia Commons has appropriate stuff, but other times you will have to use public domain photos that you edit to suit your needs that are free and legal.

Sometimes you can't get the exact photo you want, so you have to improvise.  For example, I did a movie review of "A Walk in the Woods" awhile back, but could not use any of the pro photos.  So, instead, I used a photo of some woods and later added photos I found of the two stars on Wikimedia Commons.

Doing these things will no doubt lower your views, but at least your work will be legal and you won't have to worry about getting sued.  Using the work of professionals without permission is stealing, pure and simple.  You wouldn't like it if someone stole your articles would you?  Same concept.

1. hclpd profile image92

Thanks. I'm getting on it.

That's a smart move on your part.  Using illegal photos really damages your reputation with other writers and, in the long run, may earn you some money but may cost you a whole lot more if things go sideways.

Good luck.

4. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations for this wonderful achievement! All the best for continued success!

5. Christy Kirwan profile image92
      Christy Kirwanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, and here's to many more to come! smile

6. El Shaddai 2016 profile image60
      El Shaddai 2016posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! It pays to stick to one topic. You are an expert at RVs.

2. Blond Logic profile image93
    Blond Logicposted 7 years ago

Congratulations, that is a wonderful milestone. Here's to your continued success.

3. AudreyHowitt profile image80
    AudreyHowittposted 7 years ago

Congratulations!! You deserve it!

4. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 7 years ago

Whaaaaaaaaat!!! yikes Congratulations, TIMETRAVELER2. Your hard work pays off.

Too bad it doesn't translate into $549,000 lol!

1. janshares profile image93
        jansharesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Lol, lol . . . .  big_smile

1. sallybea profile image94
          sallybeaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well done, reaping the rewards, you sure have put in a lot of work and time into your writing and it shows.

5. RonElFran profile image96
    RonElFranposted 7 years ago

Congrats, TIMETRAVELER2. That's a lot of hard work and a lot of good writing.

6. icv profile image51
    icvposted 7 years ago

Well done. Congratulation. I think you removed some of your great hubs, which brought you more traffics

7. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 7 years ago

The next 500,000 will happen even faster.  Your hard work is paying off. Congratulations!

Thank you everybody for your kind words.  We all know how hard it's been, but we just have to keep plugging away at it.

I have learned so much about online writing since coming here that I can hardly believe it.  I have always considered it the same as having a free education, and I hope to be able to continue learning and growing.

I'll be 73 next month, and the stimulation I get here from all of you guys as well as from the writing challenges help to keep me young.

8. chef-de-jour profile image95
    chef-de-jourposted 7 years ago

Well done,that's some feat. It just goes to show that with consistent good quality you can reach the heights, almost without knowing. Step by step, mile by mile. Keep on RVing!

9. puter_dr profile image91
    puter_drposted 7 years ago

With your news, I had to check mine. I guess I recently hit the 418,000 mark,

Good job!

10. lobobrandon profile image87
    lobobrandonposted 7 years ago

Ooh congrats smile

11. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

Good stuff. I hope AxleAddict accelerates the traffic, too.

It definitely is for the most part.  A few of the posts are lagging, but most are in double and triple digits every day, which for me is huge!

1. Will Apse profile image87
        Will Apseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I will try a few new articles myself, at some point, if HP sets out a clear route to publication.

It takes me a couple of days to write anything worthwhile. I cannot spend that kind of time unless I have confidence in their vetting/publication processes.

12. tlcs profile image62
    tlcsposted 7 years ago

Thats excellent well done!

13. Adam Harkus profile image60
    Adam Harkusposted 7 years ago

Fantastic achievement!  Definitely gives me hope.

14. Paul Kuehn profile image94
    Paul Kuehnposted 7 years ago

Congratulations!  I should be hitting 400,000 views myself by the middle of  April 2016.

15. profile image0
    Diana Abrahamsonposted 7 years ago

Well done, great achievement!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)