jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (33 posts)

Hit 400,000 views yesterday

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 months ago

Actually, I have 549,000 if you count the views from all of the articles I deleted over the past few years.  Some of you may remember that I took a terrible hit from Google the Summer of 2014, so these numbers show just how hard I've worked to recoup.  These are only from my Timetraveler2 site.  The other site is too new for including numbers.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
      Venkatachari Mposted 8 months ago in reply to this

That's wonderful! A great achievement indeed. Congrats for this success.

2. MsDora profile image92
      MsDoraposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Congratulations and best to you going forward!

3. hclpd profile image89
      hclpdposted 8 months ago in reply to this

I am just 20,000 shy of hitting that mark. I never ever imagined I'd get so many views within an year.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 months ago in reply to this

You're getting them because you are writing about very popular entertainment venues, which younger people just love to read about.

I would be careful, though, about the photos.  I don't believe you have permission to use many of them, which makes them illegal.  If you get caught, it's going to cost you a great deal of money.  Movie studios pay a lot of money to artists to develop posters, DVD covers, etc. and will not take kindly to people simply using them for their own purposes without permission.

1. hclpd profile image89

What should I do, then? I never really gave it any thought. Photos and videos play a huge role in getting hubs ranked well on Search Engines (I think). Are there any good alternatives?

Of course there are.  Many of us use them, but you have to be creative and be willing to spend some time on them.

First, I would contact the creator of the work and ask his permission to use it.  If he says no or wants payment, you will need to find another way.

Sometimes Wikimedia Commons has appropriate stuff, but other times you will have to use public domain photos that you edit to suit your needs that are free and legal.

Sometimes you can't get the exact photo you want, so you have to improvise.  For example, I did a movie review of "A Walk in the Woods" awhile back, but could not use any of the pro photos.  So, instead, I used a photo of some woods and later added photos I found of the two stars on Wikimedia Commons.

Doing these things will no doubt lower your views, but at least your work will be legal and you won't have to worry about getting sued.  Using the work of professionals without permission is stealing, pure and simple.  You wouldn't like it if someone stole your articles would you?  Same concept.

1. hclpd profile image89

Thanks. I'm getting on it.

That's a smart move on your part.  Using illegal photos really damages your reputation with other writers and, in the long run, may earn you some money but may cost you a whole lot more if things go sideways.

Good luck.

4. ChitrangadaSharan profile image85
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Congratulations for this wonderful achievement! All the best for continued success!

5. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Congratulations, and here's to many more to come! smile

6. El Shaddai 2016 profile image72
      El Shaddai 2016posted 8 months ago in reply to this

Congratulations! It pays to stick to one topic. You are an expert at RVs.

2. Blond Logic profile image92
    Blond Logicposted 8 months ago

Congratulations, that is a wonderful milestone. Here's to your continued success.

3. AudreyHowitt profile image66
    AudreyHowittposted 8 months ago

Congratulations!! You deserve it!

4. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 8 months ago

Whaaaaaaaaat!!! yikes Congratulations, TIMETRAVELER2. Your hard work pays off.

Too bad it doesn't translate into $549,000 lol!

1. janshares profile image87
        jansharesposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Lol, lol . . . .  big_smile

1. sallybea profile image97
          sallybeaposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Well done, reaping the rewards, you sure have put in a lot of work and time into your writing and it shows.

5. RonElFran profile image96
    RonElFranposted 8 months ago

Congrats, TIMETRAVELER2. That's a lot of hard work and a lot of good writing.

6. icv profile image61
    icvposted 8 months ago

Well done. Congratulation. I think you removed some of your great hubs, which brought you more traffics

7. Glenn Stok profile image98
    Glenn Stokposted 8 months ago

The next 500,000 will happen even faster.  Your hard work is paying off. Congratulations!

Thank you everybody for your kind words.  We all know how hard it's been, but we just have to keep plugging away at it.

I have learned so much about online writing since coming here that I can hardly believe it.  I have always considered it the same as having a free education, and I hope to be able to continue learning and growing.

I'll be 73 next month, and the stimulation I get here from all of you guys as well as from the writing challenges help to keep me young.

8. chef-de-jour profile image90
    chef-de-jourposted 8 months ago

Well done,that's some feat. It just goes to show that with consistent good quality you can reach the heights, almost without knowing. Step by step, mile by mile. Keep on RVing!

9. puter_dr profile image84
    puter_drposted 8 months ago

With your news, I had to check mine. I guess I recently hit the 418,000 mark,

Good job!

10. lobobrandon profile image81
    lobobrandonposted 8 months ago

Ooh congrats smile

11. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 8 months ago

Good stuff. I hope AxleAddict accelerates the traffic, too.

It definitely is for the most part.  A few of the posts are lagging, but most are in double and triple digits every day, which for me is huge!

1. Will Apse profile image89
        Will Apseposted 8 months ago in reply to this

I will try a few new articles myself, at some point, if HP sets out a clear route to publication.

It takes me a couple of days to write anything worthwhile. I cannot spend that kind of time unless I have confidence in their vetting/publication processes.

12. tlcs profile image79
    tlcsposted 8 months ago

Thats excellent well done!

13. Adam Harkus profile image60
    Adam Harkusposted 8 months ago

Fantastic achievement!  Definitely gives me hope.

14. Paul Kuehn profile image90
    Paul Kuehnposted 8 months ago

Congratulations!  I should be hitting 400,000 views myself by the middle of  April 2016.

15. Diana Abrahamson profile image79
    Diana Abrahamsonposted 8 months ago

Well done, great achievement!

working