jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How long does it take to get a reply

1. Erzulie LM profile image76
    Erzulie LMposted 11 months ago

Hello Hubbers! (is that the right term or was that a bit corny?)

I'm new to Hubpages. I used to write on Squidoo a few years ago, then took a hiatus while studying. I've resumed my interest in lens writing and recently activated my old account, which of course is now a hub page.

I noticed that a couple of my lenses didn't make the transition, so I contacted hubpages a few days ago but haven't received a reply yet.

My questions are:

How long does it usually take to get a reply?
    Why have 2 of my hubs poofed into thin air?
    What d'you think of my hubs? yikes)

The last question is cheeky Ha! but I don't seem to have much traffic to my hubs - perhaps there's something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Zulie

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 11 months ago

Regarding former lenses now missing: 

Any former lenses that were inactive at the time of the transfer got deleted.  If you didn't copy inactive content prior to the move, HubPages will have no record of them because that content was not part of the acquisition.  Only active content was moved here.

Erzulie LMposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Thanks Relache,

It's strange because the missing lenses were active, so I'm at a loss as to why they weren't moved!

3. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 11 months ago

Welcome to HubPages.  I took a look at your profile page, and I see that your titles are very general (i.e. reflexology, acupuncture).  I recommend that you write more specific articles in order to get traffic.  There is a lot more competition with the general words and Wikipedia and others are likely to win.  But if you write more specifically, then you stand a better chance.

The Learning Center is full of good information (some of it is dated) to get you started.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

Erzulie LMposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Thank you so much, this helps a great deal!

I will have a look at the link you posted and brainstorm/research some specific topics

4. Erzulie LM profile image76
    Erzulie LMposted 11 months ago

Still no reply to my email to the Hub people.....is it worth calling them on the phone?

working