jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Does a lower Hubber Score hurt earnings?

1. promisem profile image93
    promisemposted 12 months ago

If a Hubber Score is based in part on community participation, and you get voted down by people who don't agree with your political or religious beliefs, are you losing money simply by participating in Answers and Forums?

Also, how do you believe the "quality" of your answers on the Forums is determined? Unlike Answers, it doesn't have a vote up or down option.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 12 months ago in reply to this

No.

promisemposted 12 months ago in reply to this

May I ask how you know?

I have read and comprehended the terms of use.

promisemposted 12 months ago in reply to this

So have I, as well as the FAQ and other sources. I haven't found any mention of the relationship between Hubber Score and earnings.

Hub Score is a made-up metric.  HubPages invented it to provide a general sense of feedback.

It has nothing to do with earnings, traffic or even how good a writer someone is. 

Many current site members feel that scores are an entirely obsolete feature at this point.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
              psycheskinnerposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Hubber score is just there for you to look at. Personally I pay more attention to $-scores.

2. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 12 months ago in reply to this

I don't think Hubber Score has any bearing on earnings; nothing in Help section or Terms indicate that there is a relationship between the two and my experience is that there isn't one. I have an account from which I earn more than this one and my Hubber Score on that higher earner is less or sometimes floats to the same score as this account; and with fewer Hubs.

Hubber Score involves averaging Hubs on your account, activity on the site and other things. Earnings have more to do with advertisers and whether they want to pay to have ads placed on your content and how much they'll pay for it.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Voting up and down has no effect on HubScore.

2. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 12 months ago
  3. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 12 months ago

https://i.imgflip.com/11zt0a.jpg

4. icv profile image61
    icvposted 12 months ago

Thank you posting this question. I was searching for the same answer

working