jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Why is my hub being edied by HubPro if I've opted out??

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
    Daughter Of Maatposted 11 months ago

I'd like to know why one of my hubs was edited by HubPro when I've purposefully opted out of it? The title of the Hub was changed and I had tailore the title to a specific keyword, which no longer appears in the title.

If this is the direction Hubpages is going, I'm not sticking around for it. I don't want any of my hubs edited, which is why I opted-out!!

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Hi Melissa. You can't opt out of HubPro Basic. Your hub was either snipped or edited because it might be moving to one of our niche domains.  Can you leave a link to the hub so I can give you more information?

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 11 months ago in reply to this

There is no way to opt-out from HubPages editing or moving your content to their new niche sites, and they do not have any legal requirement to inform you ahead of time.  This is why keeping up with changes to the terms of use are so important.

2. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
    Daughter Of Maatposted 11 months ago

https://caloriebee.com/workout-routines … 360-Kinect

You might want to send an email letting the writer know that the hub was going to be edited. It honestly feels like a violation when my other hubs that have been moved to your niche sites were not edited. The changes made changed the keywords the hub was tailored to and removed an Amazon product that I did have sales from.

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 11 months ago in reply to this

The Hub wasn't Basic or Premium edited. It was snip edited; if you re-read the email, you'll see the explanation. smile We don't send out emails before the snip edits but send out an email afterward. We have had to snip edit a lot of hubs to bring up the quality of the niche sites. We think this is in the best interest for all the Hubs moved.  I recommend changing your title back. It's really long and I think too keyword stuffed. Search engines are savvy enough to figure out what your hub is about without adding multiple keyword phrases to your title. I actually think it can hurt your rankings. I recommend making your title succinct and conversational.

working