jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (24 posts)

how do i get my 1st hub published

1. coachelmy profile image59
    coachelmyposted 8 months ago

i have only one hub. it was unpublished . i posts 5 posts . notification says not passed the quality assessment. but i don't know what i have to do. i offer original content.
    i knew that i have to post 5 featured posts. what is a featured post ?
    also, do i have to create 5 hubs to get my 1st hub published ?

i am lost in the huge amount of information offered on the website. please tell me exactly what do i have to do?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages.  This site is looking for high-quality, grammatically correct, articles filled with information that people are searching for now and will continue to do in the future.

I would recommend that first you focus on your grammar.  I haven't looked at your profile or your hub, but looking at this forum post, there are two big mistakes. First, there are no capital letters in the title. The first letter of each word should be capitalized in the title.  Secondly, in the post, you did not capitalize the 'i". When you are referring to yourself, you should always capitalize the I.

The Learning Center articles may be of some help to you.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

coachelmyposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for answering my question.
        I will pay more attention to that.
        Could you take a look at my profile and give me more notes?

2. 60
        inkonposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the information here. I am so new, and I need all I can learn to get started. If you can kindly assist me in any way, in terms of rules and tips, that will be highly appreciated. Thanks again.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 months ago in reply to this

You obviously are a second language speaker, and it shows in your sentence structure and grammar.  To be featured, an article must be correctly written, full of original content, have good, clear, appropriate photos that are properly accredited and pass other tests.

I strongly suggest you take some English grammar classes so that you can improve your writing skills if you wish to do well here.

I need that for sure. From my experience, it requires more than taking a grammar class. A short cut would be to find a native-speaker who can edit my articles before I post them. What do you think about this solution? Where can I find a native-speaker who can offer his help for free?

1. tsmog profile image84
          tsmogposted 8 months ago in reply to this

For online editing take a look at grammarly, Hemingway Editor, and ProWritingAid. Grammarly is free to my understanding. Hemingway Editor you can use online and they have a desktop application too at a nominal cost. ProWritingAid you can copy/paste to it online. I am not sure if trial basis on or not. They have a application download at a small cost with different software options. For instance I downloaded it as an application in Microsoft Word. I wrote an article about it seen at my profile. Hope that helps with options for learning purposes.

Notation: I plan to rewrite that Hub. I have learned it should follow closer to a Stellar Hub described at HubPages Learning Center. Plus, it will be a new opportunity to use that editing tool to learn from.

Thanks. Did you try any of them?

2. coachelmy profile image59

You have offered me great tools. Thanks a lot

1. tsmog profile image84
              tsmogposted 7 months ago in reply to this

I hope those discoveries offer more explorations on your adventure with writing. I use ProWritingAid today and have learned a lot and continue learning each time. In other words I am being trained as a writer using it.

coachelmyposted 7 months ago in reply to this

I agree with you. Too many sticky sentences made me feel that I am a sticky person. 
                Did you upgrade to premium?

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 months ago in reply to this

You won't.  Editing is tedious, difficult work and nobody will do it for free.  There are no shortcuts when it comes to learning or improving your skills with a second language.

The people here are writers, not teachers.  We are happy to give you little tips, etc., but editing work written by someone whose skills need major upgrading is far beyond anything anybody here might be willing to do.

You have stated several times that you know your skills need work, but that you are frustrated because you don't want that fact to stand in the way of you being able to express yourself.

That is a very unrealistic view for you to take because you've got things backwards.  FIRST you learn what you need to know and THEN you use that knowledge to communicate your thoughts and feelings.

If you are unwilling or unable to do this, you might better find a site that will accept work in your own language and write there.

Thanks TIMETRAVELER2
            For being so realistic.

3. coachelmy profile image59

I edited the Articles. Got unpublished. What to do now? Will i have my hub published after posting more articles? What was your experience? Were your first five articles feachered articles?

2. zinco profile image72
    zincoposted 8 months ago

What type of hub do you try to published? I write hubs based on my interests. Try writing something more informative articles or just be yourself, write things that interest you the most. (Just a piece of advice.)

Business. Writing business plan.

2. coachelmy profile image59

I guess you are not a native-speaker. Where are you from? I knew it from (zico). It is common in between Arab nations.

3. Sue Adams profile image91
    Sue Adamsposted 7 months ago

Here is a little correction for you.

You have offered me great tools, thanks a lot.

I recommend using  the free version of Grammarly. You can install it as an extension on Chrome.

Before you know it, you'll get the hang of it.

Thanks smile
      Not enough actually. I find mistakes require upgrading to premium. They are a lot. I managed to find and correct them by ProWritingAid.

4. coachelmy profile image59
    coachelmyposted 7 months ago

Guys, how many articles had you posted before featuring your hub ?
    I know it is not the number of articles. It is the quality of each one.
    What happened in your case?

1. julieann26 profile image81
      julieann26posted 7 months ago in reply to this

I don't think there is any requirement in the terms of how many articles you need to post before you get a Featured Article.  It most definitely depends on the quality.

In my case my first article got featured.  So far I have written 18 articles and all of them are featured.

Great. Thank you very much.

That explains a lot .

5. coachelmy profile image59
    coachelmyposted 7 months ago

How have I started to have followers ? My hub is not published yet!

working