jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (15 posts)

Digg

1. johnb0127 profile image75
    johnb0127posted 8 years ago

I am looking into getting a Digg account.  I have heard you receive a lot of traffic, and would like to get one.  Before I do, I just want to see how many page views you have generated from Digg!  Thanks,

--John

2. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 8 years ago

I've had a digg.com account for three days. I have now gotten four hits from it. I only have one friend on there and that is badco99 from Hubpages, but I am going to be working on building that probably some time in the next two weeks.

I don't think that this is a horrible record given that I only just registered the account. And regardless of how *many* hits I'm getting from there, they are hits smile

I would like to add that if you're going to "do digg" I try to take the time to digg the recent hubs of those hubbers of whom I am a fan. Whether or not they return the favor, I'm a fan of theirs for a reason, and I like to try to do what I can to help smile

1. johnb0127 profile image75
      johnb0127posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Great, thanks for the info!

3. Everyday Miracles profile image92

Hey, I was wrong... Darned if I wasn't looking at the wrong column! I've had 13 hits from Digg. Definitely not bad considering that I have fewer hubs than that submitted!

4. LondonGirl profile image92
    LondonGirlposted 8 years ago

You have to be careful. Digg bans people more easily than most social sites.

DON'T just submit etc hubs. You should digg and submit a mixture of stuff, and slip in the odd hub.

That said, it can be great. I've had 2,500-odd views from digg in the last 30 days.

5. Everyday Miracles profile image92

Thank you, LG! I was wondering about that, but I searched the whole site and I couldn't find anything at all about what was acceptable and what wasn't. I've browsed the hot sites and dugg a few of them as well as submitting other links. Too bad I don't browse the web all that much or I think I'd be having an easier time figuring all this out!

6. johnb0127 profile image75
    johnb0127posted 8 years ago

Wow, thanks

7. Everyday Miracles profile image92

Question: When I put videos in my hubs, it is usually because I think they are *fantastic*. Should I be digging those then, too? That counts as alternative material, right?

8. LondonGirl profile image92
    LondonGirlposted 8 years ago

yup, sounds like a good plan.

Can't hurt to submit images and videos as well as links. For example, my latest submission isn't a hub or link, it's a picture from Montserrat:

http://digg.com/travel_places/A_road_ne … Montserrat

9. Everyday Miracles profile image92

Great! Thanks for the help LG!

10. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

damegin on digg here. I just joined up there too and posted my BBQ stuff on there...had it copied ...am flagged...but had 40 hits that first day. hmm

11. aniketgore profile image68
    aniketgoreposted 8 years ago

I am on Digg from OCT 2007 months but  got only 19 hits in last 5 months from DIGG LOLZ. Gonna try it out more seriously. My id on Digg is aniketgore. Please share yours ids so i can make friends on DIGG also.

12. profile image61
    badcompany99posted 8 years ago

Personally for traffic you cant beat Redditt.com

1. aniketgore profile image68
      aniketgoreposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Tried that too didnt get any effect.

13. Everyday Miracles profile image92

I can't figure reddit out. Who are you on there, Badco? Maybe you could help me out?

working