jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Sign in?

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 10 months ago

I can sign in just fine, as always, from my desktop PC.

However, I received a Kindle Fire for the holidays last year, and I cannot sign in on that device.  I can see the main public page, and click on any hub to read from there, as a member of the public would, but I cannot sign in!

There does not even seem to be that option! 

Is anyone else having this problem, or am I just not tech-savvy enough to figure it out?

Do any of you have the Kindle Fire?  I am finding it a kind of Jekyll and Hyde device; easy enough to get going, but if you need help, it's very difficult.  The full scope of the "instructions" that came with it was simply how to plug in the charger.  DUH...the one thing I don't need help with!!!

1. RonElFran profile image96
      RonElFranposted 10 months ago in reply to this

I am replying from my Kindle Fire. To do so I had to sign in, which I did via Facebook. I had the same problem at the beginning, but finally got it to work, but I can't remember exactly what I did. At least know it can be done!

DzyMsLizzyposted 10 months ago in reply to this

via Facebook?  How odd!  I did not think the two were connected. 

I have no trouble at all on FB, except getting posts to highlight so the menu to edit or delete comes up is a bit of a dicey issue...sometimes takes 10 or more tries.

2. kenneth avery profile image83
      kenneth averyposted 10 months ago in reply to this

DzyMsLizzy,
      I have an iPad II, and never tried to sign in to HP on that device. I know that I had to sign in, off, then resign in to Facebook and that worked.
      Do you have a Customer Service at Kindle? Or "contact us" email address?
      If you have just bought this device,  you should have it covered in a warranty. Just "spit-balling," which is good for me at this time of night.
      Hope things work for you soon.

3. SusanDeppner profile image82
      SusanDeppnerposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Here's how I do it. Using the Silk browser on your Fire, go to hubpages.com. Access the HP menu on the black stripe, on the left, the three horizontal bars thing. When you touch that you'll get a menu that includes a Login page. Click on that. That will take you to a page where you can log in the usual way, with your HP name and password. Let me know if those instructions aren't clear.

DzyMsLizzyposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Instructions clear; it just did not work.  Silk didn't even GO to hub pages; only a blank page with generic silk/amazon selections, and the 3 bars had only amazon settings to select from.  sad

1. SusanDeppner profile image82
          SusanDeppnerposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Hmm. Sorry that didn't work for you. Try going to a search engine on your Fire, search for hubpages.com and link from the result. Pretty sure that's how I got there (rather than typing in the address). Worth a try!

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 10 months ago in reply to this

You poor thing. big_smile big_smile big_smile

Fortunately, I see other Hubbers have rescued you.

1. kenneth avery profile image83
        kenneth averyposted 10 months ago in reply to this

DzyMsLizzy was rescued from whom? Or what?

working