jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

OK, so who's doing the "snipping?"

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 months ago

I have an issue with whoever just "snipped" my article "RATT: The Infestation and the Aftermath." The article in question is about the long-running hair metal band Ratt and what's happened to them since the release of their 2010 comeback album, "Infestation."

On first glance it looked like the only major change was in the title, which was lengthened to include "...Infestation Album and the Aftermath for the Band." Seems a little wordy to me, but hey, if you think it'll work then I can go with that, I'm easy.

However, upon closer inspection I noticed that the title now read, in full, "Matt's Infestation Album and the Aftermath for the Band."

Yes, somehow, during the snipping process, the band name "Ratt" was changed to "Matt."

...so who the @#$% is "Matt?"

Needless to say I changed it back immediately. I certainly hope this piece doesn't get dinged out of a slot in the next round of niche sites due to my messing with its snip job, because obviously this was a pretty MAJOR boo-boo on the part of the snipper.

If the snipper/editor isn't familiar with who or what the article is about, can they at least READ it before they start snipping away and changing things?? Silly errors like these are gonna make readers go "Duh! That's Ratt. Why does this idiot think they're called 'Matt?'"

Thanks for listening. Rant over!

(drops mic)

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 9 months ago in reply to this

I'm really sorry about this.  It was a typo error on our part.  We have a couple of checks, so it likely wouldn't have been moved to a niche site like that, but I'm glad you are on it and caught the mistake.  We do need to work as a team, and we appreciate you being on your game!  I will make sure that the person who snipped your Hub knows what happened.  Thanks! smile

2. PegCole17 profile image90
      PegCole17posted 9 months ago in reply to this

lol

You made it sound funny even though it isn't. I was snipped, too. Ouch. Lost my Editor's Choice designation on that hub after they deleted the only advert it contained. hmm Wahoo.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93

Thanx for the reply Robin... now that I look back on the whole thing a day later, it's actually kinda funny... but obviously when I first posted I was steamin'!! Haha

If y'all wanna make it up to me I have lots more hard rock/heavy metal related articles that would be perfect for filling out that genre category on your new music niche site... just sayin'. big_smile (bats eyelashes, shuffles feet shyly)

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 9 months ago in reply to this

I know!  You are a rock genius.  smile  We will definitely be making more passes at Hubs; there are a lot to get through.  My advice would be to do a quick edit on them now (starting with your highest traffic), so that our job is easier and we can accept the Hubs as is.   For example, I would remove the all caps from your titles and remove products that aren't selling/useful to the reader.  smile

3. FatFreddysCat profile image93

"Rock Genius?" I like the sound of that. Maybe I should get it engraved on a plaque. big_smile

I will take your advice and start tightening things up over the weekend.

Word to the wise about the "all caps" tip, though: I understand what you're sayin', but word to the wise, I have a lot of hubs about the band KISS and just about any card carrying member of the KISS Army will tell you that the band's name should always be written in all caps. Just sayin'. big_smile

4. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 9 months ago

@freddy Good to know about KISS!  You are welcome to leave all caps when it is warranted.  And, thanks for tightening things up.  I need to find the time to tighten up my Hubs, too!

@Peg  I know it "hurts" to be snipped.  I wrote this post that might give you some insight into our process:  http://hubpages.com/community/forum/136 … ost2809383

1. PegCole17 profile image90
      PegCole17posted 9 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, Robin. I had read your response earlier on that thread and understand the reasoning.

5. kathleenschwab profile image82
    kathleenschwabposted 9 months ago

And here the title had me thinking you were asking for advice about vasectomy.

working