jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Increasing traffic, decreasing hubscore

1. 0
    ZSY264posted 7 years ago

Could someone shed some light on how my hubscore for a certain article could be decreasing while my traffic goes up? Early today it was 86 and now it has dropped to 78 though all the while, my traffic has been steadily increasing. I read the 'help' section and they said they would deduct a hub's score when there are excessive unrelated links. I can't really discern what is considered to be unrelated and I really wish that you people can help me.Thanks a bunch.

2. charlemont profile image84
    charlemontposted 7 years ago

Hubscore is affected by a number of factors, traffic being just one of the many. Don't worry, fluctuation by 10 points up and down is normal in my opinion.
    This hub is considered by many hubbers to be #1 source about hubscore algorithms:

1. Curious Traveller profile image83
      Curious Travellerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Just checked out this Hub - it is truly fantastic. Thanks charlemont!

2. aniketgore profile image69
      aniketgoreposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks charlemont! i didnt know this will consider now.

3. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 7 years ago

Your hub could be attracting large numbers of viewers but they could all hate it and give it the thumbs down.  This would push the hubscore down even through traffic were high.  Obviously there are other factors also affecting the hub score.

1. JamaGenee profile image88
      JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How long viewers stay on a hub affects score.  Short hub, short view time.