jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (25 posts)

Why I am not getting to much success on hubpages?

1. 0
    Rakyposted 7 years ago

I am on Hubpages from more than 13 months now. I was having more than 50 hubs published. Due to very little traffic i deleted around 40 hubs that were not giving any good results. Now again i started building hubpages with all my effort.

I am not sure why my hubpages are not getting popular.
    Can anybody help me in this situation. I am really feel very low, when i see other hubbers who joined with me are getting good results and popularity here.

I would be very thankful to you..

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Probably because the hubs I looked at are not your own writing. They are copied and pasted from other websites. You will not get much traffic if the information can be found other places.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I should add that even if you wrote the information on the other websites, it makes no difference. The point is that the information is already in other places.

If you want to do well at HubPages, you need to write original Hubs, not copy stuff you've already written.

3. 0
    Rakyposted 7 years ago

Thanks Uninvited Writer and Marisa Wright for reply.
    75% I try to write my own content. I do copy the some content from different websites but i use to change each and every line. I use to shuffle the sentences.
    Well thanks again, I will try to write whole content.

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

A 13 month old hubber with a HubberScore of 66 indicates that the effort you're putting into rejigging material isn't enough.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image81
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Changing the order of the sentences does not fool us, nor does it fool search engines.  It still shows up as duplicate.

1. 0
        Rakyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Maddie Ruud
        Hub http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Start-a-Good-Day has been 100% written by me...
        I just wanna tell everybody(who replied here) that, I had started following the tips i got in this thread.

4. 60
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

You mean you will try to copy better, tut tut !

5. 0
    Rakyposted 7 years ago

hahahaha LOL!!!
    No no ...I mean to say, i will write whole content my self.

1. aniketgore profile image72
      aniketgoreposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thats a good idea Raky.

2. 60
      badcompany99posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well good luck my friend, a little effort goes a long way.

3. Ryan Hupfer profile image80
      Ryan Hupferposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a good thing to try.

Writing quality, original content is really the only way to get the type of decent, money-making search traffic you're searching for.

...just when you thought this was going to be easy, huh? smile

6. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 7 years ago

As well as making your content original, you need to WRITE rather than just adding a few bullets.  Your hub on the Ipod Nano didn't have much writing in at all. 
    Why not submit some of your hubs to 'Extreme Hub Makeover' section of this forum to get more detailed feedback? Good luck!

7. BirteEdwards profile image61
    BirteEdwardsposted 7 years ago

The way I understand Hubs - it's a site for writing where pic's are used to underscore a point written about.
    Maybe leaving out some picture, and write some quality content will give you more serious attention

8. composed profile image82
    composedposted 7 years ago

I am starting to see some success... a good uptick in Google.

Follow the advice of these folks and others who are so nice to help out in the forums.  It has helped me immensely.

But, no matter what, it takes time... but each leap - at least that I have experienced - in Google clicks is pretty noticeable and, relatively speaking, pretty sizable.  YMMV.

9. 0
    Rakyposted 7 years ago

@aniketgore: Thanks man for you support.

@badcompany99: Thanks for good luck

@Rik Ravado: You are right. I also feel some times that some of my hub needs more content.I will add more content.

@BirteEdwards: I agree with you bro.

@Ryan Hupfer: Ya i know, it needs more hard work.

@darkside: I will try to put more effort in writing my self.

@composed: Its good that you got success with the tips, you got from hubpages family. I will also follow the tips so that i can score better than present situation.

10. 0
    Rakyposted 7 years ago

Hi All,
    I had published new hub http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Start-a-Good-Day

Please see if it contains any mistakes.

Thanks Rakys

11. flread45 profile image82
    flread45posted 7 years ago

I can't find this hub!!!!!

12. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

"Sorry that hub does not exist."

1. Maddie Ruud profile image81
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I just edited the post and removed the period that was screwing everyone up.

13. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

Oh well bugger, I didn't even look to notice it. > . <

Thanks Maddie!

14. 0
    Rakyposted 7 years ago

@gamergirl I hope you had seen my hubpages. Please let me know if it contains any grammatical mistakes.

15. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago

I've always wondered why they say that duplicate content gets bad search engine rankings.
    I have seen sites that had info directly copied from Wikipedia (and they even say the info came from Wikipedia on the page), yet they are ranked two or three on the first page of a Google search, sometimes right after the original Wikipedia listing.
    That's never made sense to me.

16. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

I think by 'duplicate' they mean an article that has been submitted in its entireity to another site or sites. If an article is published on HubPages and Triond, for example, you would get a duplicate message from Hp and google won't like that the same exact info is somewhere else on the web.

17. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 7 years ago

Dude the logic is very simple. Write quality and original content and try to be active here as much as possible. A high rank will create a good reputation for you which in turn will get you good traffic but everything depends on what you write