jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (20 posts)

Trouble with My Hub Titles

1. kenneth avery profile image82
    kenneth averyposted 7 months ago

April 25
    Hi, forum. This is NOT Steff Kurry. But I have a serious dilemma for you to solve.
    When placing my hubs in respective categories,"Gender and Relationships," etc., sometimes I have hubs that DO NOT fit any  of the HP categories, so what do I do? Guess at it?
    I try very hard to put them in the correct placement, but still, the possibility of putting them in non-correct places is always evident.
    In short. (Applause). HELP!
    Thanks in advance,
    Kenneth Avery

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
      paradigmsearchposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Yes.

This has been a problem for years and it's not going to change.

[edit] Maybe bump it up a level to reduce the conflict/ambiguity.

kenneth averyposted 7 months ago in reply to this

paradigmsearch,
        Not going to change? That is so frustrating. I could do as you say and 'bum it up a level' and yep, add grease to the squeaky wheel.
        Your name has always fascinated me, but I have been too nervous to ask you how to pronounce it.
        Would you be offended to explain it to me?
        Your Friend for Life,
        Kenneth

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
          paradigmsearchposted 7 months ago in reply to this

The problem is how.

I'll get back to you.

paradigmsearch . . . I am anxious to learn something new. (This) time, I am serious.

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image92
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 7 months ago

I have had issues with this, as well.  A Hub about wedding music seems odd in either a 'gender and relationships' category, even though they cover weddings, and not a great fit into music, either.  I have had a few that just didn't seem to fit anywhere, so I did the best I could to pick the closest category that I could.  Keep them vague, and skip the second or third level categories.

Anna,
      You make perfect sense. Maybe I should be a rebel and put my hub in whatever category I deem the most sensible, eh?
      Can you see this? A "How to" hub of mine being published in a "Singles Life" category?
      Hmmmmmmm.

2. Kylyssa profile image93
      Kylyssaposted 7 months ago in reply to this

I just wish wedding flower tutorials didn't go under gender and relationships, but under some craft category that includes fresh flowers.

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image92
        Anna Marie Bowmanposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Exactly!!  It's wedding related, but doesn't really fit there, and it's a crafty type thing, but doesn't completely fit there, either.

this is Tuesday, April 26, 7:25 p.m, cst
          Anna Marie Bowman, I agree with the input so far about simplifying hub title categories, but now I suspect another problem on the rise.
          Last night I know that I published 2 new hubs; one the night before and one the night before and I always get the "You've published another hub!" in blue at the top of my hub which is published.
          These hubs should already be evaluated and I should have received at least one comment, but I have not one so far.
          I wonder what is, okay, going on . . .now?

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image92
            Anna Marie Bowmanposted 7 months ago in reply to this

I'm not really sure on that one.  I know it takes a day or two to go through the evaluation process, sometimes less.  As for comments, I have no idea.

Anna, that is cool. No sweat. I guess I will just keep chugging along like the "Old Engine That DID," Once!

3. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 7 months ago

This has always been a problem Kenneth. I often have a problem choosing between two or three different categories, especially if it is poetry but also a commentary about a certain social issue. Many of yours could be listed under humor or comedy, but then I think that is hidden in some ambiguous parent category that is difficult to find.

Thank you, Jodah.
      I appreciate it so much. I was going to ask you to explain that idea about when I hit "edit" to place my text the symbol for making my own headers, lines, etc.
      Many thanks.
      Your Friend, Kenneth

1. Jodah profile image86
        Jodahposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Kenneth, If you take a look at this hub of mine: http://hubpages.com/literature/The-Fart … ove-Affair
        You will see the symbols I used to make breaks between the stanzas. On the edit capsule toolbar click on the symbol before the "link" and "broken link"....there are lots of symbols etc to choose from...you just need to combine a few...then copy and paste between each stanza etc.

Thank you, good friend, Jodah.
          Am going to look at your hub now.
          Have yourself a peaceful day.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 7 months ago

I agree.  HP  very much needs to add a 'humor' category!!!

Aweeee, thank you, DzyMsLizzy. I appreciate you very much.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 months ago in reply to this

There is a humor category.  It's under Creative Writing and in fact there are categories for several different types of humor.

I notice that often, people think there isn't a category for something when there is, it's just that they've struggled to find it.

I agree that the choice of where categories go in the category hierarchy can often be peculiar.

Thanks, Marisa,
        You are also a "beacon of light" in a sometimes dim part of this sector.

working