Should i delete hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (27 posts)
  1. aniketgore profile image61
    aniketgoreposted 14 years ago

I have some hubs not getting traffic at all. I tried to change there name still no use. Should i delete those hubs?

1. Travis Pyle profile image60
      Travis Pyleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

nah dont delete them im the only one that looks at mine but ya know what i leave them

2. Anti-Valentine profile image74
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

No. I don't. Try adding some more tags or updating it with some more photos or other capsules. I've also read that jumbling up your groups or linking to poor performing hubs from your high performace hubs will get those hubs more hits. I've used some of these tactics and seen some positive results, generally.

3. rancidTaste profile image63
    rancidTasteposted 14 years ago

No, I don't think to delete them. I was also facing the same problem when I was new in hubpages. At first, I got only 3 to 20 traffic. Now few days ago, I'm getting avg 70 traffic views. But now it is crossing 100. I think it will increase more ...

I guess within 2 months my traffic will reach to 5 times more. I am not sure but I guess so....

Moreover, I just write and I see some of the pages take places on Google's first page. Generally, I don't follow any extra steps to advertise my hubpages

So, plz... be patient.... I think....you will soon reach the goal...

4. flread45 profile image60
    flread45posted 14 years ago

Do not delete any hub unless it is against policy to post.
    The more hubs you have the more money they generate...

1. profile image0
      shreekrishnaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hello flread45

i think your some of the hubs are flagged.

i don't know why hubpages flag some good hubs also.

no one has answer , even hubpages staff also,
      as they don't see them.

5. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

You can take the hubs you are not getting any traffic to, and add more content, add videos, RSS, Photos, Amazon Books, Ebay Auctions, Poll, this will at least show some activity on your hubs, just keep refreshing them, thats all, but keep them.

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image59
      GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Best advice. I've only deleted one or two hubs, usually things I didn't feel I had enough qualification or artistic spin to write about...generally speaking, even if my other articles don't generate that much traffic they serve as a record for me to understand where I've come from and where I as yet still need to explore.

G|M

2. Everyday Miracles profile image85
      Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I noticed G|M's quoting this above and I saw it again. Strange that. I read it the first time but things didn't really fall into place.

Search engines like fresh content. It's one of the reasons that blogs and forums can often do so well in Google. When you change your hub by adding something to it, not only are you giving the search engines more to spider on your page, but you are also giving them something *new* to spider.

Excellent advice.

6. Everyday Miracles profile image85
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

There is so very much that you can do! Not all of mine are getting traffic right now but I haven't tweaked all of them yet. I spread out that job over three days at the end of last week and haven't gotten back to it yet. And yes, I know I haven't been here yet three weeks. I'm a perfectionist, what can I say?

If your hubs aren't getting any traffic, first check out Chuck's hub How to Increase HubPage Income by Cultivating Your Hubs:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Increase … -Your-Hubs

This hub changed the way I viewed HP. For some reason I felt that the rule about not publishing unfinished hubs meant that we weren't allowed to go back and edit them at all. I'm a natural "tweaker." For me, this has worked out fairly well.

Since Monday, my traffic has more than doubled. Seriously. Again, I've not been here for very long so that's pretty normal. Today I have not touched my own hubs. I sit at 200+ visits. I've not viewed a one of my own. Last Saturday I was looking at around 70 visits when I didn't view my own hubs.

Read some of shailini's posts about getting more traffic, too. They are truly brilliant and very helpful. Due to her advice, I took the time to inter-link my hubs. I am using more popular hubs to highlight less popular hubs. So far it has driven traffic up on most of my hubs. This weekend I've seen a lot of blue triangles but I'm not discouraged. I know that my traffic is improving.

Please keep faith that the traffic will come. The PP have several good points as well about tags and keywords in your copy. Keep cultivating and you'll get it!

7. aniketgore profile image61
    aniketgoreposted 14 years ago

Hay thanks all it boosted my moral. I will first try using popular hubs to link with less populars.

8. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Some of my Hubs don't get much traffic at all, whereas others do well.  It may just be that you're writing about things people don't want to hear about!

Remember that you don't just want traffic, you want the kind of traffic that will click on your ads.  Interlinking non-related Hubs may not help you with that. 

It might be more effective to get some links outside HubPages, by posting on relevant blogs and including a link in your signature, or participating in forums where people will be interested in your subject matter.

aniketgoreposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Marisa i am gonna look for good forums out on net.

9. Everyday Miracles profile image85

Right, what Marisa said. That was what I meant in the first place. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I seem to have a habit of that on forums.

If you are interested in really pushing yourself, forums, groups and blogs are great. I find that it is insanely time consuming but I am also the mother of a young child. Make sure though that you aren't posting spam!

Oh! And don't forget about Yahoo! Answers!

Ohh i missed yahoo answeres. I knew it have great potential but it did slipped out of my brain. Thanks Miracles.

10. profile image0
    shreekrishnaposted 14 years ago

what i say you already know ,

if don't or forget ,

then the first post after is great advice.

don't delete any hub.

a time come when they get a huge traffic.

try to publish some new great attracting hubs extraordnary ,
    which are real but hubbers know a little about them.

11. Everyday Miracles profile image85

Me too! I know people who have had great luck with Yahoo! Answers, but I have also noticed that the questions I want to answer are often already resolved sad

yahoo answers have changed a lot. Is there any info you have miracles abt them? or anyone who can help.

1. Whitney05 profile image84
        Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Try to answer the question but with minimal info and post a link  to your hub. Just be careful because if you post too many, they'll give you the 999 error, and you won't be able to post for a while. Try to space them out. I try to do a good handful once a week.

Don't delete them. Try adding new text, pictures, videos, etc. I have hubs that almost never get traffic, but they do occasionally. I've had one that barely gets traffic, but one day sold a very expensive painting off of ebay, which was nice.

12. Everyday Miracles profile image85

I can't help since I haven't used them in so long... But hopefully somebody else can share some experiences!

13. lindagoffigan profile image57
    lindagoffiganposted 14 years ago

I would not delete a hubpage article because that would be like closing down the store after noticing you were not getting enough customers. You need to distribute your work to social media other than what Huppage has after rewriting the article for public relevance.  You may also change the topic of your hubpage on the edit page to the active tense that would make people want to open up your hubpage. I will visit your hubpage and see what is going on.

Thanks for the help given by you. I appreciate it.

And i am getting more energetic for my low score hubs by all of your ideas.

14. carpesomediem profile image60
    carpesomediemposted 14 years ago

In my experience, unless a hub is immediately relevant - such as current events, like the Swine Flu outbreaks, for example - they will not necessarily gain an influx of traffic right away.  In some cases, depending on the topic and focus of the hub, it make take weeks or even months before real, steady traffic begins to come in.

There are a lot of ways to work with a hub to gain traffic, as others have mentioned.  Utilizing keywords for search engines, designing visually stimulating hubs that keep reader interest and using social media sites to get the word out are all things you can do to help hubs garner attention.

If a hub isn't gaining as much traffic as you like, and you have tried different ways to increase it, you can always post about those hubs in the Extreme Hub Makeover forum for hubbers to suggest tips, tricks and more to help you on your way.

15. caderade2 profile image57
    caderade2posted 14 years ago

Good to know.  I would have assumed that a low ranking hub would lower my hubscore.  But I take it that doesn't happen.

1. Whitney05 profile image84
      Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It can but one or two low scoring hubs isn't going to be that big of a deal, if your others are good and if you participate on the overall site regularly. Hub score is not the only factor that determines your rank.

2. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is what I've wondered about.  I've wondered whether deleting any Hubs that get an individual score lower than, say, 55 or 60 may result in a higher overall HubScore for the writer; and then if an increased HubScore may, in turn, get more traffic for the better Hubs.  Does anyone know if that's how it would work?

16. profile image0
    multimasteryposted 14 years ago

Sometime certain hubs take a while longer to catch fire than others - so best not to delete them but just rework them.  Aged hubs can really gain a lot of credibility with Google and other engines over time.  I have also found that by including some in-demand keywords into my hubs by using a good keyword tool can really breathe new life into a dying hub.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)