jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (10 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Batman V Superman : Dawn of Justice is a fortune or

1. chocolateboy1996 profile image77
    chocolateboy1996posted 15 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Batman V Superman : Dawn of Justice is a fortune or a failure? (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. lions44 profile image95
      lions44posted 15 months ago in reply to this

Full disclosure: Have not seen the movie.

Good information in the hub, but check 2 things:

1. Sentence structure -  Some odd sentences. When speaking about the reviews of the movie, you stated: "Reviewers have their own different opinions..."   So you could be more succinct writing, "Reviewers have their own opinions and they often differ from fans."   

2.  Style -  Be consistent with fonts.  Don't use bold unless it's in a title or new section; not in the body of a paragraph.  Same goes w/italics.  Just make the body of the hub uniform.  Pick a font and stick with it.  I use Arial 12 all the time. But Calibri or Times New Roman will do fine as well. 

Hope it helps. Welcome to HP. Good luck.

chocolateboy1996posted 15 months ago in reply to this

Thnks alot for your help

2. chocolateboy1996 profile image77

just one more help do i need to add source from where i got the pictures

Yes. Even if it's in the public domain (U.S. law standard), I always do.  Put the website and/or publication as well as date (photographer if possible).

Thnks but i just wana know when i put the source my page score went down as well as my hub was not published nd when i removed it page score improved what should i do

That's strange. Never noticed. Then put  the sources in an appendix capsule at the end of the hub. That's what I do.  If you need an example, let me know.

i would like an example it would be ver greatful

2. Ramkitten2000 profile image94
              Ramkitten2000posted 15 months ago in reply to this

Please be aware that including the source with a link is not enough. You must also have permission to use each photo. That means express permission must either stated as a Creative Commons license, as public domain or given directly to you by the copyright holder. No credit is required for public domain images, but some people state "public domain" anyway.

If you use an image you don't have permission to use, credited or not, you risk legal action. Some of the larger companies, such as Getty Images or Disney for example, will go after you for financial damages and usually don't accept "Oops, sorry, I didn't know" as an excuse. I recently had a client who'd used a very simple image of a flag on his company site (prior to becoming my client). That image was owned by Getty. He got a legal notice and a bill for $600 for a photo he could have taken himself very easily.

thank you very much but i think i m using a public domain and my score again went from 71 to 68 when i again added the sources

working