'Random Hub' Feature

1. Megan Sheufelt profile image81
    Megan Sheufeltposted 5 months ago

I think that a great addition to HubPages would be a 'Random Hub' button, similar to Wikipedia's random article feature. This would make it easier to find new hubs, especially on interesting topics that you are less familiar with. I think it might be a good idea to limit this function to featured hubs in order to make it more useful for readers to find something actually engaging. A random hub button could also help new hubbers attract readers. Hubs with little traffic are very hard to stumble upon unless you are really trying. This is not ideal, because after all, every single hub starts with no traffic, at the very least for the first minute or two. Engaging, quality hubs are out there waiting to be discovered, and a random hub feature could make that discovery much easier. While this definitely wouldn't replace the need for an author to promote his or her hubs, it would provide another avenue for readers to find their content.

What are your thoughts? Is this a good idea? If so, what could be done to make it as good as possible?

1. Daniel17White profile image93
      Daniel17Whiteposted 4 months ago in reply to this

This is a great idea, I was just thinking the same thing earlier today! Not only will the reader find new hubs that they may not have known about, but also the hubber will enjoy a little bit of new traffic, especially on hubs that focus on specific topics or pertain to a specific audience. As for making this a reality, if you click on the help button on the upper right there is an option to make a suggestion to HubPages and there is even the company phone number (not sure if you would just reach an automated answer though). Great idea and I hope HubPages will consider it!