jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Comic Collecting and Eary Fandom in the 1960's

1. Mike Marks profile image79
    Mike Marksposted 14 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Comic Collecting and Eary Fandom in the 1960's. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 14 months ago

Cool stuff... although you've got a typo in your title (it should be "Early," not "Eary").

I have a feeling that you over-used the link to your superhero painting site (it's listed as the source for each pic and also by itself at the end of the article) and that may have tripped the dreaded "Overly Promotional" warning.  You might want to change the "source" under each pic from a link to simply "author collection" or something similar so it only appears once in the article.

Mike Marksposted 13 months ago in reply to this

thanks for the advice... you're probably right... I'll make the changes you suggest.

3. Annsalo profile image86
    Annsaloposted 13 months ago

You need to split up your text with multiple subheadings.

Also, while this is interesting to me, it is more of a blog post than an article. Consider adding a few sections with facts in your own words of course.

Think about what people would be searching when looking for this article. Use google keyword and try typing in Early Fandom or something similar. See what comes up, then add some of that info to the article.

Mike Marksposted 13 months ago in reply to this

thanks for the feedback... yes, I find I just want to write a story and not get caught up in designing a nice layout... but compartmentalizing with headings and so forth, making it appear more like traditional magazine layout, I suppose is familiar therefore comfortable... and comfortable and easy to navigate certainly will assist in holding a reader... I'd prefer my information alone be enough to hold a reader, I've been a student of history and pop culture, and for almost six decades a witness, that I don't think that information should be lost... I'm not exactly sure where I am deficient in facts, I thought the story I told contained facts, events as they occurred in time, to my subjective point of view, unless you mean an objective recapping of comic book history?  thanks for catching the typo...

working