jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

substandard hub, why?

1. lethebashar profile image61
    lethebasharposted 7 years ago

I'm disappointed to hear that a hub I created for illustrative art on the web has been deemed "substandard".  You can't view the hub because it was taken down temporarily.  But maybe you can help . . .

I gave an introductory paragraph on illustrative art.  I made a promotional nod to my literary arts webzine and then I created a link list of illustrative artists on the web.

I know that people can use link lists that pertain to niche information or niche sites.  The traffic was huge in the twelve hours it was up.  So why did they take it down?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

I guess not many people saw it. It could be for any number of reasons.  You will have to ask the team who took it down.

3. JamaGenee profile image89
    JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago

I would guess too little original (textual) content and too many links to other sites, including your own webzine.

4. packerpack profile image59
    packerpackposted 7 years ago

I too feel the same. Too many links when compared to the amount of textual contents may cause this problem. You should better write to the Hubpages team to know the exact reason, I guess this will give you the exact cause of your problem

5. lethebashar profile image61
    lethebasharposted 7 years ago

Thanks guys,

I understand about the textual content.  Mini-directories of niche links are perfect for a hub page.  The textual content requirement seems over-done, but I understand--they're trying to prevent pages from being put up too easily for the sole purpose of gaining traffic.

6. ledefensetech profile image81
    ledefensetechposted 7 years ago

I had a problem similar to this in that I discussed several items I have for sale on my website and provided links to them.  Hubpages found that overly commercial and I had to change it.  Hubpages apparently looks at the domain to decide if there are too many links, excepting news sites, etc.  That may be where you've hit a snag.  I'd talk to the administrators about it and see what their reasoning was.

7. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

HP is for original web articles not a directory hmm that might be the problem. Just rewrite and do it about each artist wink then resubmit smile let us know how that goes.

8. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

Just thought I'd chip in.  As several hubbers have mentioned here, HubPages is meant as a content site, not a link directory.  I see two easy solutions to this problem: write a longer intro, or add an original commentary or summary for each link, describing the site to which it directs.