jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What is the syntax for Adsense Chanel URL for Hubpages

1. makemoneyonline profile image60
    makemoneyonlineposted 8 years ago

The example they give is sports.example.com
    https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … swer=13993

but for hubpages ?

2. caspar profile image83
    casparposted 8 years ago

I've added the exact URL of each individual hubpage as an Adsense URL channel, e.g.

and so on (I did it this way because I also have Adsense on other sites which I already track in the same way)

It means that when I view my Adsense reports, I can see how much each individual hubpage has earned. 

However, I can see that might provide too much information for hubbers with hundreds of hubs (I've got a long way to go yet).  I would guess that if you just added hubpages.com as a URL channel you would then get overall data for all of your hubs lumped together.

You don't need to add anything to your hubpage affiliate setting.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Actually, I tried that and it doesn't work.

1. pauldeeds profile image
        pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

How so?   I would expect a URL Channel for hubpages.com would show all your impressions across the entire site.  This would, of course, include impressions that aren't on your hubs, such as on your profile page and from your URL trackers.  I'm curious how the data collected seemed off for you relache.

2. darkside profile image83
        darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I did and it worked.

Just to double check... you did URL Channel and not Custom Channel?

https://www.google.com/adsense/channels > Click on "URL channels" > Click on "+ Add new URL channels"

3. caspar profile image83
    casparposted 8 years ago

I'm going to try removing my individual hub channels and adding hubpages.com for a few days to see what happens - I'll let you know.

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

Caspar -- you don't have to remove the individual channels in order to test the hubpages.com channel.   Channels aren't exclusive -- a request won't match only the most specific channel.  For instance:

When someone views this page:

it would get counted under all of these channels:

This means that you can't just add up the results from your individual channel reports to arrive at a total (but in this example your HubPages total should be under the hubpages.com channel).

5. caspar profile image83
    casparposted 8 years ago

What I've done for now is to make my individual hub page channels temporarily "inactive", and added hubpages.com as a new channel.  Once I've got a bit of data in I'll try reactivating the individual ones alongside hubpages.com and see what the reports look like. 

I think I'd find it a bit confusing to have the same data reported twice in my Adsense report.  What if I'd earned say 2c on one hub, 5c on another and 30c on another - I guess they'd all be listed separately but then I'd also have 37c listed as hubpages.com (or maybe more if there are any from my profile page).  I think I'd rather have either just a total for hubpages OR separate amounts rather than both. 

Anyway, I'll play around with the channels for a while and see what I like best.

Thanks for your help.