Question about "Sharing" finished hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)
  1. kenneth avery profile image78
    kenneth averyposted 7 years ago

Dear Precious Followers,
    I have, what some of you might see as a stupid question, but I need to ask it anyway.
    When I am ready to hit the "publish now" button on a finished hub, and I hit the "White H on black background" button to the left, do I get a notice from HP stating "frequently sharing your hubs with followers is not recommended."
    I thought that I, along with those following me, might want to know what I am doing, but if this sounds the least bit egotistical, I will understand then cease from "sharing" hubs before they are read.
    Any input will be appreciated.
    Kenneth

1. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

As others have pointed out, it is not necessary to share a newly published hub. It will show up on all of your follower's feeds anyway.

You may want to share it on FaceBook or Pinterest if you use those platforms. Hubs are not automatically shared there.

I have used the HP share button for my own hubs on a few rare occasions, such as when a holiday comes around I might share one of my older hubs that is appropriate. If the subject of one of my hubs is suddenly in the news, or I have made major revisions to one, I might do the same. After all, the warning does not say you can never share your own hubs.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago

I do believe newly published hubs are already automatically put in the feed of all of one's followers.

3. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 7 years ago

I have never used that button,but did notice it the other day when I went to share a Hub on Pinterest.  I thought it odd that they gave us the option to share a Hub here, even though it would show up in the feed anyway.

4. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 7 years ago

Kenneth, as I replied on the other forum where you asked the Question, the black H is mainly for sharing other people's hubs that you like, with your followers. You don't need to share your newly published hubs with your followers. It is done automatically.
    It appears on your followers' feed and they also get an email saying you published a new hub (if they have email notification selected). It is ok to share your old hubs, maybe once a week using the "H" button, but HP discourage sharing your own hubs too often. Hope this helps.

1. Jodah profile image91
      Jodahposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Just adding, you should however freely use the other buttons to share your hubs on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter etc.

2. kenneth avery profile image78
      kenneth averyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Jodah,
      Wow! What a fool I have made of myself, but through ignorance.
      Thank you, dear friend, for the great advice.
      God bless you.

1. Jodah profile image91
        Jodahposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Not to worry, Kenneth. I am often amazed that I didn't know something that has been around for ages. What are friends for? It's good to be able to help.

Jodah,
          I appreciate YOU and EVERYONE on my Followers' List more than you will ever fathom.

5. Venkatachari M profile image82
    Venkatachari Mposted 7 years ago

You may not ( or can not) share your own old hubs once in a week. You may probably share one hub each week (older hubs) and that also may not be decent here on HubPages. So, concentrate on other platforms like facebook, twitter, and Pinterest for sharing your articles.

6. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

When you write a new Hub, your followers are automatically notified in their feed and/or via email, depending on their preferences.  It might seem a little rude to send them a second notification yourself, rather like saying "I know you've been told about this Hub, but why haven't you read it yet?" 

If you have an old Hub and you've made major changes to it, it's a good idea to share it with followers, because that isn't taken care of in the HubPages automatic system.

Hello, Marisa,
      Thanks for the information. I am going to follow it to the letter.
      I have a lot of old hubs that need some TLC and then I might share those with my new followers.
      Have a peaceful day.

7. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago

I decided to inflict a hub on my followers. It's been months since I have done so. Blame it on this thread. big_smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Update.

Hark! Someone actually read it. Frankly, I hadn't expected that. lol

8. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 7 years ago

I use the black H for other writers hubs.
    I don't share my own hub here.
    Instead, I share with Twritter, Fb, etc, those share media buttons provided on HP

9. makingamark profile image71
    makingamarkposted 7 years ago

I think there's a very strong case for saying don't share a hub on social media unless you know that EVERY member of your audience will be interested. (i.e. just because they know you doesn't make them interested!)

That's because if you share with a wider group and people get irritated then they'll start hitting the "hide all posts from xyzhubber" and you might even end up being designated as a spammer by others.

Such behaviour doesn't do yourself any favours at all.

My solution is to set up blogs or Facebook Pages or Twitter accounts devoted to very precise niche topics. People need to follow them on a voluntary basis to get the info and they only ever get info which is also precise and dedicated to the topic of the Page. Seems to work....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)