jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

HubPages Tutorial and Community Articles

1. janshares profile image89
    jansharesposted 8 months ago

What will happen to our articles about HP directed primarily to hubbers? They certainly won't fit into any niche sites. I have two and don't know if they are worth editing anymore. They are outdated in terms of the purpose of HP which is now to build niche sites. I guess it depends on the hub but most of the articles under HubPages Tutorials like "Help for New Hubbers" or "Getting Traffic to Your Hubs" or "Spreading Hub Love " may no longer be relevant. Will those hubs just die off? It's not like you can take them anywhere else like your own site or blog. hmm

1. Barbara Kay profile image83
      Barbara Kayposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Hubpages as we've known it will still be here. Just update your hub to include the information about niche sites. I don't see a problem with keeping them here.

jansharesposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Thought about that where appropriate, Barbara. Good idea, thanks.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
          paradigmsearchposted 8 months ago in reply to this

I used to have some hubs like you mentioned, but HP kept making them obsolete every six months; so I finally gave up. lol

If you're going to keep and update them, I'd make it your lowest priority after you've done all your other hubs. In other words, go where the money is. big_smile

Good advice, thanks.

2. Faith Reaper profile image87
        Faith Reaperposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Yes, that is my understanding too, that HubPages will still be as it is, except for those hubs fitting into a niche site, will be moved so-to-speak.  However, what I like is that those that are moved still show up on our HubPages profile page with all of our other hubs.  So, it's like those hubs are allowed to be on two sites without having to be considered duplicate, I guess.

I have quite a bit of "Spreading Hub Love" hubs and I keep them all published and just tweak them over time.  The only reason I have had to unpublish some is due to the particular hubber no longer being active on HubPages and so some of their links were unpublished, and instead of having to rewrite the hub and search for featured hubs, I just unpublished the hub, but do not delete.

Thanks, Faith, that's helpful.

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image91
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 8 months ago

I have several of those types of articles, and a few I have already deleted.  They weren't getting a lot of traffic, and I wrote a few of them as a kind of joke...back when there were a lot more people on here, and they were a lot more involved.  Anyway, time has passed, and it felt like it was time for them to go.  I saved a few others, mostly because they make me laugh.  I guess that isn't a great reason, but for now, they stay.

I see it that way, too, Anna.

working