jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Are Hubs which have been stolen eligible for a move to a Niche Site?

1. sallybea profile image97
    sallybeaposted 12 months ago

I have a few Hubs which still have stolen copyright notices on them. after many attempts to get them removed. Will this make them ineligible for transfer to one of the Niche Sites?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 12 months ago in reply to this

I not only have a hub that was moved to the niche sites, but it is one that WAS stolen, but my DMCA complaint caused it to be removed from the thief's site.  However, the red c still is in place, even though I informed the team that the hub no longer exists on the other site!

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Hi Sally,

Hubs that have been stolen are still eligible. When your Hub moves to a niche site it gets a redirect, so Google knows it's the same Hub, rather than another stolen copy popping up.

sallybeaposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, Christy.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 12 months ago

Since Hubs can also be stolen from the niche sites, this should have no impact on anything.

3. agilitymach profile image99
    agilitymachposted 12 months ago

Apparently they can be transferred to the niche sites.  I have one that has been stolen.  I, too, attempted to get it removed unsuccessfully.  This hub is on a niche site.

1. Stacie L profile image87
      Stacie Lposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Me too!

4. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 12 months ago

Apparently it doesn't matter because my most viewed hub (my underground house) has been stolen several times and I've never been able to do anything about it. It was the first one of mine that HP moved to a niche site.

Thanks all, that is very helpful.

5. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 12 months ago

Would that make it harder to file a DMCA?  Is the original publication date retained?

They appear to have the original date so that should not be a problem.

working