I'd like feedback on my Hub: Things you should know about Symphonies

1. Chouaib SAAID profile image60
    Chouaib SAAIDposted 5 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Things you should know about Symphonies (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 5 months ago in reply to this

An interesting hub with lots of information.

I would suggest that you break up the text into smaller paragraphs. Remember that a lot of readers will be using a phone or tablet. One idea or point = one paragraph. When you move to another idea or point, then start a new paragraph.

Make use of bullet points too. Especially in the section where you list the different varieties of instruments in a symphony orchestra.

Go through your text and try very hard to cut out unnecessary words.The leaner the writing, the better.

Some grammar issues, for example, "At the core of an orchestra is a lot of stringed instruments, where you draw a bow across a string." could be rewritten, "At the core of an orchestra are the stringed instruments, such as violins, violas....." The 'where you draw a bow across a string' is clumsy and unnecessary; most people are aware how a violin is played.

There are a few instances where you use 'there's' (there is) when you should be using 'there're' or preferably 'there are'.

Split your two images up - the text relating to the diagram comes under the wrong image.

I think this could be a good, educational hub with some work, and I do like your chatty 'voice'.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elem … tellar-Hub