jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Why was a good selling on-topic amazon capsule snipped?

1. CatherineGiordano profile image87
    CatherineGiordanoposted 10 months ago

My hub "20 Reasons Not to Move to Florida" was recently moved to a niche site. It is a tongue-in- cheek listing the problems with living in Florida, but ends on a positive note saying that I love living in Florida. It appears that many views came from the search term "move to Florida."

I had proactively removed two amazon capsules, but left the one that was generating a good level of sales. HP snipped the remaining capsule. This amazon capsule was very relevant:

["The Florida Move Guide: The Unofficial Moving to Florida Warning, Decision and Help Guide"
    This book will tell you everything you need to know if you are thinking about moving to Florida, including whether or not this move is right for you.]

I happy with the move to the niche site. After about a week of no change in the number of views, it now appears to be on track to double in traffic--going from 1000 per month to a projected 2000 a month.  However, I would have to get 4000 extra views per month to make up for the lost amazon revenue.

Do you think the capsule was removed by a bot that doesn't understand sarcasm? What do you think I should do?

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 10 months ago in reply to this

I think you should write to staff.  They are always prepared to listen, even if it takes a little while for them to reply.

CatherineGiordanoposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Thanks. It's odd. A few of my hubs moved to niche sites and none of them have gained traffic. I was all set to just add my amazon capsule back, and then views started trending up. I'll wait to see if it keeps going up or if it was only a random blip.

Also, I checked and the increase is from google, Bing, etc.

1. lobobrandon profile image83
            lobobrandonposted 10 months ago in reply to this

I've seen increases in traffic on the niche sites and so have most people. Maybe if the amazon capsule is that important, you should add it back. Or just write to the team as already suggested.

2. lobobrandon profile image83
    lobobrandonposted 10 months ago

In my case they removed an amazon capsule and replaced it with an in-text link. Find out if the same is done with yours? If yes, keep us informed if your sales are still the same - more or less.

I don't see an in-text link. It wouldn't really work for this hub since most of the hub is about not moving to Florida.

working