jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Needs improvement (unpublished hub)

1. NuIfEm profile image61
    NuIfEmposted 12 months ago

Hello, everyone. I just want to ask, whether any of your hubs is unpublished because it need improvement and how do you improve the hub?

I wrote a hub, edited before publish it and after that, has updated the hub. However, it been unpublished

A few days ago,there was an upside-down blue triangle=traffic falling on the statistics.But just now,it change into a red triangle =traffic rising.

However, it seems that number of views doesn't really matter though. The quality of the hub is more important, right?

When 'needs improvement' button at the top of a hub is clicked, an info appear:

"This Hub is unpublished because it did not receive high enough ratings to meet HubPages' quality standards or because it contains spammy elements."

>Maybe, the rating is low because of grammar mistakes. But, I'm sure there is no spam in the hub

"It will remain unpublished until it is edited, published again, and rated high enough to be Featured."

>Although the word count is over 1200, it might lack of contents. Being featured is not my primary goal, but I just hope it can be stay published.

"To see our rating criteria, please visit our official rating scale (we recommend shooting for criteria matching Hubs rated eight or above)."

>I already browse through the rating scale. My hub is thin on information, that's what a fellow hubber said. No wonder it must be the hub is rated low by the Hubpages team  -_-

1. robredman profile image81
      robredmanposted 12 months ago in reply to this

That happened me once because of spelling mistakes and some grammar mistakes.. write your hub spelling and grammar error free first.

NuIfEmposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Oh...ok, i'll try my best. Because there is no automatic spelling & grammar checker,  someone checked it for me. Thanks for replying, robredman

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
          paradigmsearchposted 12 months ago in reply to this

https://www.google.com/drive/ is free and does spell checking.

Microsoft https://products.office.com/en-us/offic … ice-online is free, but don't know if free version includes spelling and grammar checking.

There is a google drive app installed , but I thought it's only for storing files and didn't know it can does that too. yikes
            I used to write on Microsoft Word on computer before, glad it has online apps. So,now I can try use it on mobile device.

Thank you again, Paradigmsearch for these suggestions (:

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 12 months ago

This sentence in your profile probably explains the reason, "Maybe, its because I didn't know english too well". neutral

English as a second language is indeed difficult.

Yes, I'm not good at writing and speaking in English. Besides, it cannot be translated directly from other language. So, it seems  there is more that need to be learn. (: Thanks for replying, Paradigmsearch

3. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 12 months ago

You are welcome. smile

working