jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Part 1 featured, part 2 not featured. why?

1. robredman profile image80
    robredmanposted 5 months ago

I am writing a hubs about worst horror movies of 2016.
    My first hub, Worst Horror Movies of 2016 - part 1 has been featured and then I published the second part Worst Horror Movies of 2016 - part 2 but it was not featured because of quality.

Have any idea to make it featured?

2. robredman profile image80
    robredmanposted 5 months ago

or any idea why it was not featured?

3. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 5 months ago

Welcome to HubPages.

I took a look at your part two hub. Right from the start, you repeated the entire first paragraph twice. Then as I read through I noticed a couple of sentences ending without periods. Then I also came to a sentence that just dropped off without completing the thought, as if your phone rang or something that distracted you while you were writing. Then you never came back to finish it. And you never proofread your own hub, whereby I am sure you may have caught these errors.

These are definitely reasons for causing a hub to be unfeatured. One needs to put more effort into making a hub complete, well written, and logical. You'll want to show that you have the desire to put all your effort into completing your work for your readers.

While you're at it, upload an image of yourself and write an "About the Author" bio that displays on your hubs.

Hope that helps.

1. robredman profile image80
      robredmanposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the suggestions and time Glenn.
      Actually, my six-month-old son was bothering me when I wrote this. Maybe, that's why I made many mistakes in this hub.
      I've removed repeated paragraph, put the periods and completed a sentence which I dropped off without completing then submitted for publication.
      Now the hub status is not published after the changes I made.
      It became not-featured to not-published... huh..

Is there any chance, the following paragraph causing this? because I mentioned it's from LIONS GATE and NOT written by me.

Plot summary (from Lionsgate):

The sudden disappearance of several female victims drudges up a tragedy from the past that has everyone searching for a culprit, but as the disappearances increase, could this small town have a serial killer in their midst?