jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

marriage

1. 61
    ladyvenusposted 7 years ago

Is is all right to marry someone coming from a different religion? or better if the two of you comes from the same faith.

1. MissJamieD profile image80
      MissJamieDposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think it depends solely on the two people involved. If they're okay with being of different religions, have at it! Diversity is wonderful if the parties agree to disagree, which couples have to do anyway. Religion can be a little different because of the different ways they're practiced....the two getting married have the final say:) Hope this helps!

2. rmshdc profile image60
    rmshdcposted 7 years ago

I feel, the spouse should have same faith.

3. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Better you marry for love methinks

4. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

Hmmm...well, love, of course, should be the biggest determining factor I think. After that, it really depends what you want to put up with. Sometimes all the little differences are what make a marriage last. Sometimes, they are what breaks them apart. It all depends on the people. I know a few couples who have varying religious views, it can be tough sometimes to make it work. Then again, that's usually the case for all issues in marriage. If your husband continuously leaves the seat up on the toilet and you can't stand it, it may be a HUGE problem for you whereas it may be no big deal for someone else.

5. LondonGirl profile image93
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

I was born and brought up in a church-going Anglican family, and my OH in an Orthodox Jewish family. Doesn't bother us!

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree. C of E and Catholic here.I did not even wind up being religious!

6. LondonGirl profile image93
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

In fact, there are serious advantages. You never argue about where or how to spend Christmas / Easter / Passover / Yom Kippur. The person whose religion it is decides (-:

7. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

When we met, he was Christian and I was pagan. I don't think religion should really come into it...

*As long as you possess the same essential values!*

Divorce was never an option for either of us, for example.

8. Pete Maida profile image59
    Pete Maidaposted 7 years ago

I thought we were over this one a long time ago.  If you are you have the details worked out between you and you love each other; it should matter one way or another.

working