jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: 5 quality wines to Consider drinking

1. Osagiede Kelvin profile image57
    Osagiede Kelvinposted 12 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub 5 quality wines to Consider drinking (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. lions44 profile image96
      lions44posted 12 months ago in reply to this

I just read through it.  I have some knowledge of wines, but I'm not an expert. 
      My recommendations:
      1.. More detailed description of the wines; at least a more technical analysis. The grapes, the region, etc.  Have they won any awards, etc.

2.  Try not to have pictures or graphics with no text passages adjacent to them.  You have two photos of wines but no text.  Try to balance the layout. It makes it easier for the reader to follow along. 

So to summarize, add more detail on the wines themselves. And adjust the layout to be uniform.  Good luck. Welcome to HP.

Osagiede Kelvinposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Noted. Thanks for the review

2. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Your title needs a little work...

Capitalize the main words - 5 Quality Wines to Consider Drinking

Change the wording - wine is generally drunk so no need to say drinking. 5 Quality Wines to Consider would be better. Think about what people will be searching for. They are unlikely to be searching for your title as it is, so what would they be looking for?

Keywords 'Quality Wines' only gets 320 Google searches per month. 'Best Wines' gets 5,400. 'Good Wine' gets 6,600 ('good wines' only gets 1,300).

Make use of Google's free keywords planner: http://adwords.google.com/ko/KeywordPlanner You'll have to sign up for an account.

HTH

This was very helpful. Thank you.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 12 months ago

Have you actually tasted these wines? 

If not, don't recommend them. 

If so, give your own opinion and interpretation.

Thank you

3. erorantes profile image35
    erorantesposted 12 months ago

Some people do not know how to select good wine. Your article is great. It is a good source of information. The picture are excellent because it describe the drink well enough. I will like to know some history of how the wine was created. I do not drink wine. I have allergies, but some times people ask me if I know a good wine to buy. I usually send them to the liquor store half a block from my work. Good luck with your hub. You are going in the correct direction.

4. Lipnancy profile image93
    Lipnancyposted 12 months ago

1. I would suggest having an introduction. Tell people the point of the article, what to expect. Maybe your experiences with wine tasting. You could even explain what wine testers are looking for.

2. Always have a conclusion - Briefly retell them what the main points of the article and then tell them what you think.

3. Do  a survey box asking people what wine they prefer.

Good luck. Look forward to seeing the final article.

5. Osagiede Kelvin profile image57
    Osagiede Kelvinposted 12 months ago

Thanks everyone. I am working on the final article.

working