jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)

creative commons.com

1. profile image61
    ladyvenusposted 7 years ago

I find It hard to follow there new rules. grrrr can't download photos anymore.

2. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
    GeneriqueMediaposted 7 years ago

I just generally place a link at the end of my hub with a "Text Copyleft (years valid)," then link to the actual human readable text in the capsule.

I don't see how you can have a work contaminated by "outside" sources like a Hub, if it comes an issue I'll just have to write a copyleft statement of my own.

I find it works pretty well for me...just a thought. If you'd like to see what I mean, I invite you to look at the bottom of this Hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/tgc7n8

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

G|M

1. profile image61
      ladyvenusposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for helping with this. But my problem with creative common is  that when I try to download a free copyrighted pictures it seems that its being blocked

3. aniketgore profile image70
    aniketgoreposted 7 years ago

I am not finding any problem. Can you mention in details?

1. profile image61

Just look at my posting up. ty

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
        GeneriqueMediaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Honestly, ladyvenus, your original post is a bit vague. Can you tell me what kind of computer you have? What browser you use? Can you link us to a URL where a picture is you can't download?

I know we'd love to help, but we need a few more questions answered. wink

Sincerely,

G|M

1. profile image61

I'm using firefox

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image61
            GeneriqueMediaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Still experiencing this problem? I'm assuming you're using Windows XP?

4. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I had no problem either. I went there, I searched and I could download a picture from Flickr. I haven't tried the other sites.

1. Everyday Miracles profile image92
      Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I can't download from Flickr with Firefox. I usually do my searches either on photobucket or more usually through Google, then check for copyright notices on the site on which I find the image. If there is one, I move on. If not, I download.

ladyvenus, are you saying that you can't download images *at all* or only from certain sources?

2. profile image61

Huh that's unfair how come I cannot.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

You should try downloading from stockxchange at http://www.sxc.hu/, I get most of my photographs from there. I just make sure I follow the use guidelines according to the photographer. They are very high quality and don't get pixelated like I notice some of your pictures in hubs are.

1. profile image61

Ok madam i will try . Ty

2. profile image61

Can I call you mother writer here I think your of the same age of my mother. Wink*
      By the way thank you for giving that website www.sxc.hu for my photos. Actually I registered already in that site 3 weeks ago but just used flickr and I was able to download photos from there  and just wondering I was bloked from down loading photos from my net. Now I tried www.sxc site and I was able to download the photos lol. Thank u muaahhhhhh.

1. profile image61

By the way thanks also to the suggestion and help of other hubbers who responded to my topic creative common. I love u guyssssssssssss and galssssssss

6. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

Ugh. Dumb of me. Nevermind.

I will look through my photos and see what's pixelated. I didn't realize that any of them were!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, not you. I was referring to ladyvenus's pictures. Lol, I guess quoting would have helped smile

7. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

LOL, yeah, sometimes it helps and other times it hurts!

It occurred to me after that you might have been referring to her. I just did a quick hub check and even on my earliest hubs no bad images smile

8. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Yeah... wink they are awesome Hubbers...dont tell them I said that, k smile

working