jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

About Statements On Hubs Discouraging Plagiarism

1. quicksand profile image85
    quicksandposted 5 months ago

I have seen on the profile page of many a hubber, short phrases that discourage plagiarism by making reference to copyright issues. Can one create his/her own phrases to discourage copying, and once you place such a statement on an article or profile page, is there a follow-up that you need to do, like register with some online body?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 months ago in reply to this

You can put such a statement on your profile page, although it is doubtful that it will any good at all.  Professional thieves will ignore it and no one but hubbers read your profile page anyway (and they already know not to steal though some do so anyway).

And no, there is no need to register with anyone at all.  The Digital Millennium Copyright Act is all the protection you get and there is no need to register.

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Actually, US citizens get all US copyright law, not just the DMCA.  But note that doesn't cover theft of your content outside the US.

2. quicksand profile image85
    quicksandposted 5 months ago

Thank you very much Wilderness and Relache for responding to my query.

I already have an image on my HP articles designed to discourage plagiarism. However of late I started noticing verbal warnings on hubs and I thought this kinda thing would be more effective and I too wanted to post one to strengthen my defense.

Looks like it's the plagiarist's will against the writer's hope that he wont! smile