jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)

My Serious Annoucement to My Great Followers and One Question to HP:

1. kenneth avery profile image81
    kenneth averyposted 6 months ago

I was, per my announcement last week, going to take some time away from HubPages to pursue (for a little span of time), my birdhouse business. But thanks to (a) low life thief, my birdhouse shop was burglarized one evening last week and now, I have to get the damage repaired including a power source so I can work on birdhouses again, so I am here to announce that today, May 20, at some point this evening, I am going to publish a new hub: "Why I Love Emily Blunt" and hope you like it.
    My question to HubPages is: "Why did the Voting Options that used to be positioned above the hubs' comment space get taken down?"
    This was a great way for "us" to gauge hubs from a personal standpoint. Now we cannot.
    Thanks for allowing me to have this time.
    Kenneth

2. Jacqueline4390 profile image90
    Jacqueline4390posted 6 months ago

So very sorry to hear about the burglary. It would seem that some people have nothing better to do than disrupt the lives of others. Of course the individual probably doesn't see it that way, or care. Best wishes with your endeavors!

kenneth averyposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Jacqueline4390,
      Thank you for your understanding and concern. These low life's only are after drug money thus trying to strip electric wire of the copper to purchase their dope.
      I pray that they cannot get one easy wink as they try to sleep.

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image90
        Jacqueline4390posted 6 months ago in reply to this

So do I or they could be in for a shock! Haha

3. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 6 months ago

Sorry to hear about the burglary, Kenneth. I hope all works out for the good. On a better note, congrats for your poems that made the new niche site, LetterPile. Hopefully, this will lift you up as you work on getting your birdhouse project back on track.

janshares and Jacqueline4390,
      Thank you both for the wonderful support, kind words, and pure unvarnished friendship.
      @janshares, honestly, I do not know what to tell about my poetry being snipped to Letter Pile. I am not ashamed to show my ignorance, but is this a good thing?

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Probably.  Almost certainly.  So far, everything of mine that has been moved to the new domains has either maintained it's traffic or increased it, as much as 3X what it was.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
        paradigmsearchposted 6 months ago in reply to this
        1. janshares profile image87
          jansharesposted 6 months ago in reply to this

A very good thing, Kenneth.

4. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 6 months ago

And I see you are on toughnickel.com, reelrundown.com, delishably.com. You dog. big_smile

paradigmsearch and Wilderness,
      Now I really feel stupid. Honestly, I did not know the purpose of snipping my hubs and what HP was doing to and with them.
      Guess the old saying's true. "You learn something everyday."
      In this case, me.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
        paradigmsearchposted 6 months ago in reply to this

http://hubpages.com/about/newsletter/2016-02-03 And do click on the blog post link there. smile

paradigmsearch,
          "Will do. Thanks." smile

2. Sneha Sunny profile image86
      Sneha Sunnyposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Paradigmsearch....lol
      Kenneth...congratulations!

5. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 6 months ago

Sorry to hear about the burglary, Kenneth. What low lifes. Those voting buttons were taken away months ago. HP staff said they weren't utilized enough.

6. peachpurple profile image79
    peachpurpleposted 6 months ago

I m very sorry about your new business theft. Some stupid people just have nothing to do but take away someone new happiness.
    About the votes, I have no idea either.
    Hope that you will come back soon

peachpurple,
      Thank you for your concern and support. You are right. Some people love to just tear down while others, like you and me, love to build up.
      I posted two new hubs last night  waiting for my handyman, Ronnie Hall, who lives near me, to come Saturday morning to redesign, install a new wiring system, light and new outlets in my shop.
      And he came through. Thank God. Please pray for him and his employee.
      I wonder if paradigmsearch would know why HP did away with the voting section on hubs?
      At any rate, you have a safe and happy day.

7. paperfacets profile image86
    paperfacetsposted 6 months ago

In So Calif, home burglary is up like 200%! Our city has break-ins every day.  It should be a news event. There must be some network that gave every idle person a go ahead. Hope your shop is in order soon and back to feeling secure and homelike.

In another thread someone offered that the space, upkeep on older features need to be used for the new magazines. Out with the old in with the new.

Hi, paperfacets,
      I hope your Saturday is going smoothly.
      I am so sorry for the burglary stats in your home, right, of South Cali? That is so degrading and lazy to say nothing about it being WRONG on every level.
      I could understand if the burglars or even thieves were starving or their families were starving, then I would not rant about burglary. I would probably help myself to someone else's food if a family member or neighbor were in this shape.
      But to just break into someone else's property to get objects to sell for drugs and that is common around my hometown, is not right.
      Two more questions for you:
      1. Do you recall the section  above our Comment boxes where we could vote Up, Hilarious Interesting on others' hubs? Seemingly no one knows why HP did away with that. I have even written Team HubPages, but no answer yet.
      2. If you are not one of my followers, I cordially invite you to be one today. I am going to check and see if I am following you. Pardon my forward fashion of asking, but I do not like "beating around the hubs."
      Peace.
      Kenneth

working