jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

Notifications

1. breakfastpop profile image83
    breakfastpopposted 6 months ago

I am no longer receiving notification of new hubs written by people I follow. I am also not receiving an email notifying me of someone commenting on my hub. Anyone else having this problem?

1. lambservant profile image94
      lambservantposted 6 months ago in reply to this

I had none today whatsoever of any kind. I posted a new article and no one appeared to see it either. I looked for other's new postings but none came in notifications. I'm wonder if it's simply a glitch or is all the new sites they're filling up is the cause. Annoying to say the least.

1. Jean Bakula profile image96
        Jean Bakulaposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Thanks Faith Reaper and lambservant,
        Both good observations and places to look. I may email the team and ask. It's hard to keep up with so many changes coming at us so quickly. I have material written from other sites, from back in the days where we were told "not to put our eggs in one basket). It's a good strategy, but at the time I wrote sometimes 2 or 3 hubs a week here--I was obsessed--and also had a blog, different from the one I neglect now.

I am making more money on the hubs moved to niche sites than I was at the height of when I was writing here, in 2011ish. We've been through a lot of changes, but maybe this one will work. Especially if people are writing again. I plan to put some of the material from the other sites on here, it's been down for ages now, so it's safe. So I can see what happens without writing anything new.

Have a great long weekend:)

2. Faith Reaper profile image87
        Faith Reaperposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Hi Lori,

I read your great new article and you do not have the comments so that anyone is able to comment!  I thought you may have done that on purpose, but so glad I just read your comment here.  I did share your article everywhere.  Just wanted you to know.

I have not been getting any of the weekly HubPages emails for some reason, but they mail have gone to my Spam folder, and so I need to check there.

I did receive notice to all those who I follow, including you, who happened to publish here of late, but I think most are not publishing this week.

1. lambservant profile image94
          lambservantposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Theresa, thanks for the message. It was an accidental thing. Comments are up and running.

I think you're right about people not writing much this week with the holiday coming up. Won't stop me but then again, my life is pretty boring. Peace.

1. Faith Reaper profile image87

I'm so glad about your comments!  I did that same thing one time too.

Yes, I believe everyone has taken most of the week off heading into the long weekend to head out to the beach or mountains. 

I do have Monday off, but not sure of any special plans yet.

3. breakfastpop profile image83
        breakfastpopposted 6 months ago in reply to this

I just discovered that  some of my notifications went directly to spam!

2. Frank Atanacio profile image77
    Frank Atanacioposted 6 months ago

I hadn't noticed.. but yeah usually by now I'll have about ten to fifteen posts from other hubbers.. I didn't get any..sad

3. Anna Marie Bowman profile image91
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 6 months ago

I have noticed some glitches in the notifications, as well.  I don't get notifications when I get comments until after I click on "comments".

1. Faith Reaper profile image87

That happened to me a couple of times, then I realize somehow I had unclicked the green follow button on my own hubs that is located right before the comments.  And the only way I knew someone had commented was when I clicked on comments under my account page.  So, you may want to check your individual hubs and see if you are following your own hubs.

4. Engelta profile image82
    Engeltaposted 6 months ago

I think lack of notifications happens because of recent changes Hubpages has gone through. I find it harder to keep up with new hubs because my landing page now shows only the hubs that are getting a lot of attention or if not that, I see the latest forum posts. It's kind of confusing and disheartening because I like reading new hubs, especially from people I follow. I must add I have opted out from receiving notifications because my email is always full! haha

I get emails that I have new followers, but when I come onto HP, they aren't here. I am also not getting any notifications of new hubs by people I follow. I guess we should check our account pages, they probably changed all of that too.

5. SmartAndFun profile image92
    SmartAndFunposted 6 months ago

Are the people you follow producing new hubs? I think part of the problem may be that lately, not very many members are producing new material.

That could very well be true. I'm not producing any new hubs! I am making more money on the ones that were moved to niche sites though.

2. Faith Reaper profile image87

I believe that to be the case too, as those I follow have not been publishing much here of late, maybe due to the nice weather out and coupled with the fact that this week is leading up to the big weekend of Memorial Day here in the US, and most have already left work to head to the beach or wherever.

6. Faith Reaper profile image87
    Faith Reaperposted 6 months ago

When that happens to me, I've learned over the years to first check my Spam mail, but then just go under my profile account and retype in my email address, and then all of a sudden the notifications will start coming in.  However, this weekend is a big weekend (Memorial Day) and most have already gotten off work early to head to the beach or wherever for the long weekend.

I am still receiving notifications of hubs of those I follow publish, but it seems there are just a handful of my followers who are actually publishing at this time.  The way you can make sure you have not missed any hubs of those you follow have published, just go under your account page and click on Hubbers you follow, and the whole list will come up with their most recently published hubs, and you can click on it and read it and comment that way. 

So, in a nutshell, I believe not many are publishing at the moment due to the upcoming holiday here in the U.S., but you can make sure by going under your account page and click on Following, then Hubbers and their most recent hub will show up, as I already stated.

working