jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Google Adsense

1. discovery2020 profile image90
    discovery2020posted 15 months ago

I must be doing something wrong.  I earn 50 times more from my Hubs Ad Program than I do from the Google AdSense Program.  Everything I read says AdSense makes more money that any of the other programs.  Clue me in please.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 15 months ago

I don't know what the "everything" you've been reading is that says AdSense earns more, but here are the ad layouts for HubPages, which I find explain a lot of what happens earnings-wise.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-appearance

discovery2020posted 15 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, Relache and thanks for the meatloaf recipe

3. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 15 months ago

If you are running HP ads (You have the HP ad program activated)  then you only have one adsense ad in a less than prominent location while the HP ones are the ones most likely to be clicked - so yes you are going to earn more through HP than adsense.

However, what happens if you turn off the HP ad program? Some people find that they earn more through HP while others earn more through adsense depending on the subjects that they write about etc. I have tried both and find that I tend to earn about the same through either method.

I got it.  Thanks

4. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 15 months ago

For awhile there, straight Adsense paid me more. However, HP Ads CPM has since bounced back and I am once again in the fold.

Appreciate info and advice from all above.

working