jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Comments no longer appearing on Hub

1. dianetrotter profile image79
    dianetrotterposted 11 months ago

Yesterday, I got 3 messages that comments were made to my Hub forum question.  I went to the page and the comments didn't show.  Now I don't even get notices.  This has been a hot topic over the last 13 days.

Here are notices I received and did not find comments:
    HubPages Editor        11:26 AM (23 hours ago)
    Hi dianetrotter, We thought you would like to know that InUnionWithChrist rec...

HubPages Editor        12:20 PM (22 hours ago)
    Hi dianetrotter, http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2815617

HubPages Editor via amazonses.com
    12:32 PM (22 hours ago)

to me
    Hi dianetrotter,

We thought you would like to know that colorfulone recently posted in the forum thread Can Jehovah's Witnesses be considered a subset of Christianity that you are following. You can see their reply here:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2815619

2. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 11 months ago

Those comments are probably tagged as low quality. Comments with links, incomplete sentences, among other things, will be hidden so that they no longer hurt your ranking with Google.

You can see them by reviewing low quality comments. Go to your comments moderation page and change the filter to "Low Quality".   This will display all those comments across all your hubs, if any. And you can chose to accept them anyway, or permanently delete them.

dianetrotterposted 11 months ago in reply to this

I went to comments and selected "low quality."  Nothing came up.

I asked the question on a forum to get longer answers.  I don't even see my question listed among other questions I have asked.

I asked, "Can Jehovah Witness be considered a subset of Christianity.  There were at least 240 comments.  The forum is still there but no activity shows for the past 3 days.

2. dianetrotter profile image79

Can you guys check to see if it looks offense.  There were 313 comments last count.

http://hubpages.com/religion-philosophy … ristianity

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about comments in hubs. But you are asking about ongoing posts being deleted from a forum thread you started. Is that right?

I am not aware of anything HP is doing with forum posts as far a quality control is concerned. Maybe I missed something. Best to ask staff: team @ hubpages.com

Voila!  I just got a comment asking "Is it working now!!!"  Thanks Glenn!  Maybe fiddling around with comments worked.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image94
        Sherry Hewinsposted 11 months ago in reply to this

I just followed your link, and I see that it has many comments going back two weeks.

I fiddled around with comment settings and it seems like comments restarted last night.

3. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 11 months ago

How ya been?

Frustrated, paradigm!  We had a good discussion going.

Thanks Glenn!  I'll check it out.

working