jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my hub: Being the product of teenage parents

1. LouCannon profile image82
    LouCannonposted 4 months ago

I wrote this last year -- and have had nearly no traffic visit this hub, which I found to be quite powerfully written. It is my first hand account of what it was like to be the child of a teenage parent.

Your feedback would be so greatly appreciated ~ thank you in advance, even if you just consider reading it....

http://hubpages.com/family/My-story-of- … ge-parents

1. theraggededge profile image93
      theraggededgeposted 4 months ago in reply to this

To get traffic, you need to optimise your hub to be discovered by search engines. Your title is not very search-friendly. "Teen Parents" generates 1,300 monthly searches whereas "teenage parents" has only 690 per month. Lose the 'my story of being the product' part - no-one searches for that. So you might try "How I Grew up With Teen Parents" or something similar/better smile

You use the term 'product' a few times. While it is correct, it doesn't sound very nice. Couldn't you use 'child' or 'baby'.

I haven't read it properly, but I can see a few errors in the text: 'pros' shouldn't have an apostrophe. " my father was long going.." shouldn't that be 'gone'? Try reading it aloud, you may pick up a few typos and grammar problems.

Looks interesting. Sorry I don't have more time to help.

2. Say Yes To Life profile image88
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I noticed you have a number of misspellings and grammatical errors.  I think it would be a good idea to copy your article into a Word document to find those errors, so you can correct them.  Otherwise, it is a well written article.

2. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 4 months ago

I'm going to be very honest with you.  The topic and the story is very interesting, but it is so full of grammatical and even spelling errors that it is difficult to follow.  I would recommend the following tool It's a free online grammar check that is very extensive called "paper rater" and it can help you tighten up the language and address the errors.  Some of your text is also very repetitive.  Once you make a point, there is no need to say the same thing in a different way in the very next sentence.  Tighten up the text too.

Also, I agree on the title and searchability and the use of the word "product". 

https://www.paperrater.com/  is the tool I was talking about if the link gets snipped just Google "free paper rater".