Enlighten me

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (68 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago

https://i.imgflip.com/14xer1.jpg

Give me one fact that will help me in my day-to-day living.

I will start.

Fill gas tank in the early morning. Denser.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Do it for your wife or girlfriend before she even wakes up. smile
      (or while she's cooking your breakfast.)

paradigmsearchposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You and me certainly are an adventure.

Yep.
          smile
          (Like it or lump it)

Like?

1. kenneth avery profile image80
              kenneth averyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Call a friend whom you have argued with during the day and you feel bad at leaving things in an unsettled way. Find a way to let the friend know that you still think of them as a friend for as we all know . . .Life Is Short.

2. kenneth avery profile image80

@ paradigmsearch, I shall hand you, errr, mail you, $3.52 to like me and friend, that IS a bargain.

Unbelievable what a search for 3.52 will bring. Try it.

I would and be glad to do that, but now I am learning how to speak Portuguese.

della and the dealer and a dog named jake and a cat named kalamzo

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

How do you say Hello in Portuguese?"

2. mike102771 profile image71
      mike102771posted 7 years agoin reply to this

2. Learn to accept the things I cannot change,
      Courage to change the things I can,
      And wisdom to know the difference.
      Ok I stole that from a prayer, but it is a good one.

3. Start our day with a good breakfast.

4. Have a plan, follow it but learn to be adaptable to changing conditions.

5. You can't make people fall in love or obey you (no matter how long you keep them locked up in the Basement).

Now this has merit.

3. Oztinato profile image76
      Oztinatoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Feel gratitude for the things we have in life. Thank God for life.

BTW: Paradigmsearch was searching for enlightening FACTS.

but +1 anyway! smile

1. Oztinato profile image76
          Oztinatoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13043982.jpg
          Paradigm wants to be enlightened. I've given him just the facts Ma'am. It will help him have a better day even if he runs out of gas.
          Just the facts.

Okay, I will let you slide. If he likes it all is well.

2. Tracy Lynn Conway profile image93
    Tracy Lynn Conwayposted 7 years ago

Write a to-do list before bed so your mind is clear while you sleep.

You are right.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Do what is on that to-do list the next day so you'll be successful.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years ago

Don't be afraid of the word "success."

1. mike102771 profile image71
      mike102771posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Don't be afraid to fail

Correct your mistakes

4. peoplepower73 profile image90
    peoplepower73posted 7 years ago

The only constant in the universe is change.

5. Gener Benter profile image55
    Gener Benterposted 7 years ago

I will thank the rain for it cleanses my spirit, and I will thank the sun for it cleanses my soul.

6. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

One of my favorite life lessons was a picture of a small child sitting on a pot-- saying ""Do your best, and flush the rest."

One interpretation might be to forget and get rid of the negatives. Keep trying.

7. RJ Schwartz profile image88
    RJ Schwartzposted 7 years ago

Wake the wife up a bit early for some stay in the sack time before work

1. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Lol

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    3. paradigmsearch profile image60

Just put on my sweatshirt.

4. paradigmsearch profile image60

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X23v5_K7cXk

Not original song. Apparently can't be recovered.

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years ago

… we read quickly past the word "facts" Sorry, pardigmsearch.

here is a fact: Not all cars run well on 91 octane gas. Depends on your motor. Find out if you have a high octane burning engine or not. Some don't and do better on less octane burning fuel. I read that in an auto mechanics book …
      Also I learned from this book that a good mechanic is one who will prevent your death by doing a perfect job on your car.
      People are so concerned about being gouged by auto mechanics, but maybe we should appreciate them more and not begrudge them what we pay them. Our lives are in their hands.
      On the other hand they do tend take advantage of the ignorant. sad

Kathryn, but the "fact" remains that mechanics who Do gouge unsuspecting men and women give the ones you are writing about a very bad name.

P.S. Kathryn, your post gave me a hub idea. But I do not know if HP would approve it.
          "Confessions of A Shady Mechanic" (hope you will see the almost mention of 'shade tree' mechanic in my hypothetical headline.

even better … the kind without overhead. smile

Changing our topic for a moment, okay, paradigmsearch? Talk about senseless, pointless acts in life, the Discovery Channel's "Naked and Afraid," no prize money or cars given to those who last 21 days in almost-lifeless areas of the earth. Aside from proving that they have the right stuff to endure such hardships naked on national TV, what is the point?

I just watched Zoolander 2. Its the end of the world, I guess. What a junky movie. What is it about human nature that we get worse and worse? and in the name of what? freedom? hilarity? daringness? some sort of twisted sense of greatness? some sort of audaciousness?

If there is any decency left, it is in small tidbits as presented in that movie and it did end happily ever after, true to a Hollywood ending. But to get there do we really need to be introduced to the concept of orgy-love (a group of misfits including Kiefer Sutherland(!)) and multiple pregnancies therein caused by one of the main characters, (Hansel)? We really need to be introduced to the concept of ripping out the heart of a sacrificial child for the purpose of obtaining everlasting youth? And this poor kid was told of the sexual details regarding threesome activities between his mother and father, Derick Zoolander and Hansel and was told that he was a mistake. We really need to see gruesome acts of violence which lead to no bleeding, no consequences? What a ridiculous movie and a wretched one for the youth. It was stock full of celebrities. Why would they take part in such a movie? Justin Bieber who was mercilessly machined gunned down in the opening scene, Sting, Katy Perry and others.

Here is a fact to enlighten you:
                No one should waste their time seeing this movie. (Some laughs from SNL crew members (including Kristen Wigg) but really not worth it.) My rating: A Dud.

TWISI

Happy Memorial Day, Kathryn, and I agree with everything you said in this post. To enlighten you, I AM going to write the hub YOU inspired: "Confessions of  a Shady Mechanic," and how they prey on women, but THIS IS NOT a piece to spotlight or insinuate how some women are not that educated on how to deal with a mechanic, but to "enlighten," if you will, and if I can. And I will, at the start of the hub, give YOU full credit.

No need to go overboard mentioning ME, Kenneth. lol
                    Happy Memorial Day to you too.

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74
                Anna Marie Bowmanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't see the point either, unless you WANT to catch some strange tropical illness, lose a lot of weight, and be seen on tv naked.

Anna Marie,
                  this is exactly my point. There is NO point and yes, unless you have this uncontrollable urge to get a serious tropical disease, almost starve, and be seen by millions who are mostly asking like you and I, "why?"

Human curiosity  =    ~ $ ~

@ Kathryn . . . smile Hub, "Confessions From "Ol Roy," A Shady Mechanic," is written, but not ready to publish yet. And I gave you credit at the start for the inspiration for the hub. Is this cool?

6. kenneth avery profile image80
      kenneth averyposted 7 years ago

@ Kathryn,
      S -o-o-o-o, you are telling me that paradigmsearch is a GUY? I feel so, so, uhhh, well, stunned and other adjectives like this, but no harm done.

okay, kenneth avery. How do you not know that paradigmsearch is a guy. Everyone around here is quite aware that paradigmsearch is not a female. Just recently gm williams referred to paradigmsearch as Mr. Paradigm. And I do believe she of all of us should know. Plus if you go to his sites, you will realize you are wrong. In fact, you seem to be helping him with free curiosity clicks! Or did you charge him $3.52? lol

Kathryn,
          I have not and will not lie to you. I did NOT know that paradigmsearch was a guy. I do not visit these forums all that much, I just thought by one of (his) posts that he was a female. I am sorry for the confusion.
          As for free curiosity clicks, are you kidding me?
          $3.52? Really?
          I think I have had an eye-opening experience in here tonight all thanks to you.
          P.S. the "Confessions of 'Roy," a Shady Auto Mechanic," is getting comments like gangbusters and I will take gangbusters' comments all day long.
          Long live you and your hubs, Kathryn.

Well, You Too, kenneth! I should be writing more hubs … I really should …
            especially now that my name is becoming famous over there
            in Hub land --->
            (Thanks, btw )

Kathryn,
              "You are welcome all of the time. Visit HubLand today. Your life will not be the same.
              smile

Very True in that all Hubs in HubLand are very revealing, interesting, informative, helpful, enlightening, entertaining ...

Kathryn,
                  I was sincere. You are Cordially Invited to HubLand anytime you like and I will make preparations for you to be treated like royalty.

… what sort of preparations, I wonder?
                      You are very kind and also very funny. I enjoy your hubs a lot.

@ Kathryn, 1:51 a.m., Thursday, cst, I am very tired
                      Uhh, some quiet meditation to start. Maybe a bowl of bran flakes with a half grapefruit.
                      Thank you most-sincerely for your sweet compliment on my hubs. I mean it. No strings. Just a kind thank you to another person I shall call "friend" from this moment forward.
                      You may visit HubLand anytime . ..FREE. No tickets to buy. No customs to worry about. Not that you would have anything to worry about.
                      I am headed to ZZZZs for a while. I worked on birdhouses most all of Wednesday afternoon and it is humid where I live in Northwest Alabama.
                      Talk soon. Deal?

7. Victoria Kaufmann profile image72
      Victoria Kaufmannposted 7 years ago

Embrace the past for what it was, good or bad, and look to the future as the opportunity to experience the best your life has to offer. Never look back in anger or regret.

Victoria, it is now 8:34 p.m., Thursday June 2, and I have been going wide-open most all day. In short, I am spent. I am so spent that I understand every segment of your sweet post.
        Thanks.
        Peace.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)