jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Fraudulent bylines

1. lambservant profile image95
    lambservantposted 4 months ago

WARNING: I received a guest comment today on one of my recent articles. The man asked me to take his name out of the byline, accusing me of fraud and threatened to report me. His name is not on my work. But I googled his name and the name of my work and sure enough, it went to a site called muckrack who had my artticle listed with four other people in the byline. The article link went straight to hubpages. I don't know how they are doing this. After further investigation, I found that they have a fake account for me. Many hubpages writers on listed on articles they did not write and some they did but with added names in the byline. It's a real scam if I ever saw one.

I contacted hubpages just now and hope to hear from them.

1. kenneth avery profile image82
      kenneth averyposted 4 months ago in reply to this

@ lambservant,
      How low can one go? This is dirty and hurts people. Thank you for bringing this up to HP. You rock!

2. Jodah profile image85
    Jodahposted 4 months ago

I contacted the site's editorial director. This was his very prompt reply:

"Hi John,
    Thanks for getting in touch and we have been helping out a number of authors on Hubpages and are looking into why our technology assigns so many names on article links.
    In the meantime, we've removed the article links from the page bearing your name.
    Please let me know if you have questions or need further assistance with the site!

Andrew Mercier
    Editorial Director  Muck Rack"

1. Jason Marovich profile image87
      Jason Marovichposted 4 months ago in reply to this

There are still many articles, including controversial political articles, that have authors names attached to them on Muck Rack who have no attachment to said articles.  Some of the articles give no credit to the actual author unless you click through to the actual Hubpages articles.