jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do people have more than one HP account?

1. robredman profile image81
    robredmanposted 4 months ago

Is there any extra benefit we can get from multiple accounts?
    Will it increase our traffic?
    Will it add some extra pennies to our Adsense or HP ad program ?

2. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 4 months ago

It will also make it harder to reach payout as the payments will be spread over different accounts rather than in one single place.

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 months ago

At one time, each HubPages account was a separate sub-domain.  At the time, a sub-domain was recognised by Google as a separate website.  So it was possible to create your very own niche website using a HubPages account.If you then wanted to write about a different niche, you'd open a separate HubPages account for that niche.

At some point, Google stopped treating sub-domains as separate websites - so even though each account was in its own sub-domain, Google just sees HubPages as one big site.  When HubPages realised this, it got rid of the sub-domains as they had lost their usefulness, and then they started to create niche sites of their own instead.

So, the reason why some Hubbers have multiple accounts is a hangover from that time.  Another reason some Hubbers have several accounts is that it does get hard to manage an account once you've got a few hundred Hubs, and having them in separate accounts by subject makes them easier to keep track of.

4. Anna Marie Bowman profile image92
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 4 months ago

I created a separate account years ago, as kind of an experiment or whatever.  I wanted to try something new out without compromising my original account.  I pretty much abandoned it a few years ago.

5. Sherry Hewins profile image94
    Sherry Hewinsposted 4 months ago

When HP acquired Squidoo, lenses were transferred to a new HP account, even if that author already had an account here. That's why I have two.