jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Accumulating Earnings

1. Luther Seed profile image78
    Luther Seedposted 12 months ago

Hello fellow Hubbers! I am very new to the site here and am curious about the earnings and how it works. In My Earnings Settings it has the option to configure a few different programs. Will I be able to accumulate earnings or $ even if I do not configure one of these programs?

2. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 12 months ago

If no programs are activated, all earnings just go straight to HubPages.

Luther Seedposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for the response : )

3. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 12 months ago

You have to activate Adsense to earn. It is best to activate the HP Ad Program also, it earns per impression.  You have to connect a Paypal account or you can't get paid.

You can earn from Amazon and eBay too. How to really earn from those programs is pretty involved, might want to research that if you are interested, unless of course you already know about it.

Hmmm... I am not familiar with Ad sense but will look into it now. Do i have to do the configuration where i submit my tax information and everything? That seems a little weird and confusing to me. It even asks for all my information including my SSN.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 12 months ago in reply to this

You cannot earn anything on HubPages without Adsense - but don't worry about it for now, because you won't be accepted.

Adsense requires you to demonstrate your skill as a writer before they will accept you.  That means you'll need to write about 20 Hubs first, and they all need to be "Featured".  Once you've built up that portfolio, you can submit an application.

Yeah I got unapproved for Adsense. I applied before i saw your comment. Thank you for the response though: ) You definitely were right lol.

2. Luther Seed profile image78

Thank you

working