jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Amazon Changes

1. ysdata profile image58
    ysdataposted 7 years ago

Will hubpages be effected by the Amazon change?  (The Change) As a reminder, starting May 1, 2009, we will no longer pay referral fees to Associates who send users to www.amazon.com, www.amazon.ca or www.endless.com through paid search advertisements on Google, Yahoo, MSN, and other search engines, and their extended search networks.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Did you see those words "paid search"?  You don't pay Google, Yahoo or MSN, do you?  So stop worrying!

1. ysdata profile image58
        ysdataposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I didn't know if Hubpage purchases keywords.

2. icewave5 profile image59
    icewave5posted 7 years ago

WHat! impossible..!

3. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

Yes they are not accepting traffic via adwords anymore. I really doubt that you are paying for adwords ads without knowing the details of the TOS with Amazon!

4. JoeM profile image61
    JoeMposted 7 years ago

This is how paid search advertisements works:

A person goes to Adwords and tells Google they want to buy an Adsense add for .05 to appear in Google.com's search results or on a site that has Adsense ads.  They then fill out a great title and a little blurb and then create a url to appear in the add.  But the ad does not point to an actual website but to Amazon with an affiliate ID of the add purchaser.

It is my understanding that Amazon will no longer allow this to happen.

So it does not affect people reading hubs and then following your link to amazon.com.

5. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago
  6. ysdata profile image58
    ysdataposted 7 years ago