jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Why Marvel Should #GiveCaptainAmericaABoyfriend

1. ProblematicFave profile image78
    ProblematicFaveposted 7 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Why Marvel Should #GiveCaptainAmericaABoyfriend (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

It was unpublished as not meeting HubPages quality standards, but there was no notification about precisely what needed to be fixed! There is one Amazon affiliate link that's not in a capsule (Achilles in Vietnam) - is that the issue?

Thanks in advance for any help - I'm afraid I'm mystified as to what the problem might be otherwise.

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 7 months ago in reply to this

That #title isn't going to do you any favours either. You can mention the trending tweet but it doesn't look good in an article title.

1. ProblematicFave profile image78
        ProblematicFaveposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Okay, thanks.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 7 months ago

Two wild guesses, the large # of outgoing links to other sites could be a red flag.

You also quote a large chunk of an article from ComicsAlliance, which could be considered "duplicate content."

3. ProblematicFave profile image78

Thanks. I was under the impression that outgoing links were okay as long as there weren't more than two to any single domain and they weren't self-promotional. Is that incorrect?

I will clip a little bit from the Comics Alliance quote and see if that helps.

4. ProblematicFave profile image78

It's been unpublished again despite the changes I made. Does anybody else agree that it's likely to be the large number of outgoing links that is the problem? If so, I guess I'll have to look for another publishing platform - I don't want to remove any because I like to cite my sources and they are all relevant to my argument. Darn.

5. ProblematicFave profile image78

Okay, not having found another platform that I liked as much as HubPages, I removed a bunch of the citation links and left in the ones that were more thinkpiece-y.

Any other insights or feedback would be appreciated. I remain confused why this article is having so much trouble staying published.

6. ProblematicFave profile image78

Thanks to the HubPro who stopped by to help! The problem seems to have been two Amazon capsules. The hub is now featured.

working